News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few email marketers using responsive design in all deployments
Despite the use of responsive design in emails generating more clicks on opened messages, just 1% of marketers are using such design in all the emails they send out, according to a new study from Yesmail Interactive.
Today, more than half of all email is opened on a mobile device.
Furthermore, according to Yesmail's whitepaper, 'The Responsive Design Effect', hybrid viewership is also on the decline, dropping 12% quarter-over-quarter, indicating that only 7.5% of all consumers now open marketing emails on both mobile and desktop devices.
Yet, according to Yesmail's analysis of more than 5 billion emails sent by enterprise clients in the first quarter of this year, few are taking the move to mobile seriously and continue to send out email messages that do not render well on a small mobile screen.
Across all industries one-third (31%) do not implement responsive design for any of the email messages they send. A quarter (24%) use responsive design for more than half of all emails sent while 44% use it for less than half of all email deployed. That's despite responsive design emails performing far better than non-responsive.
Yesmail found that, of all messages opened on a mobile device, 11.9% of emails with responsive design are clicked compared with 9.8% of non-responsive emails - a 21% click-to-open increase.
"Adopting responsive design is a crucial email best practice that enables marketers to engage consumers whose behavior may change not only annually, but on a seasonal basis," said Matt Caldwell, VP Creative and Agency Services, Yes Lifecycle Marketing. "Marketers who don't want to be blindsided as seasonal events cause a temporary change in behavior should implement responsive design consistently, in every email they send."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...