News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few email marketers using responsive design in all deployments
Despite the use of responsive design in emails generating more clicks on opened messages, just 1% of marketers are using such design in all the emails they send out, according to a new study from Yesmail Interactive.
Today, more than half of all email is opened on a mobile device.
Furthermore, according to Yesmail's whitepaper, 'The Responsive Design Effect', hybrid viewership is also on the decline, dropping 12% quarter-over-quarter, indicating that only 7.5% of all consumers now open marketing emails on both mobile and desktop devices.
Yet, according to Yesmail's analysis of more than 5 billion emails sent by enterprise clients in the first quarter of this year, few are taking the move to mobile seriously and continue to send out email messages that do not render well on a small mobile screen.
Across all industries one-third (31%) do not implement responsive design for any of the email messages they send. A quarter (24%) use responsive design for more than half of all emails sent while 44% use it for less than half of all email deployed. That's despite responsive design emails performing far better than non-responsive.
Yesmail found that, of all messages opened on a mobile device, 11.9% of emails with responsive design are clicked compared with 9.8% of non-responsive emails - a 21% click-to-open increase.
"Adopting responsive design is a crucial email best practice that enables marketers to engage consumers whose behavior may change not only annually, but on a seasonal basis," said Matt Caldwell, VP Creative and Agency Services, Yes Lifecycle Marketing. "Marketers who don't want to be blindsided as seasonal events cause a temporary change in behavior should implement responsive design consistently, in every email they send."
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Retail websites' home pages failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...