News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Few email marketers using responsive design in all deployments
Despite the use of responsive design in emails generating more clicks on opened messages, just 1% of marketers are using such design in all the emails they send out, according to a new study from Yesmail Interactive.
Today, more than half of all email is opened on a mobile device.
Furthermore, according to Yesmail's whitepaper, 'The Responsive Design Effect', hybrid viewership is also on the decline, dropping 12% quarter-over-quarter, indicating that only 7.5% of all consumers now open marketing emails on both mobile and desktop devices.
Yet, according to Yesmail's analysis of more than 5 billion emails sent by enterprise clients in the first quarter of this year, few are taking the move to mobile seriously and continue to send out email messages that do not render well on a small mobile screen.
Across all industries one-third (31%) do not implement responsive design for any of the email messages they send. A quarter (24%) use responsive design for more than half of all emails sent while 44% use it for less than half of all email deployed. That's despite responsive design emails performing far better than non-responsive.
Yesmail found that, of all messages opened on a mobile device, 11.9% of emails with responsive design are clicked compared with 9.8% of non-responsive emails - a 21% click-to-open increase.
"Adopting responsive design is a crucial email best practice that enables marketers to engage consumers whose behavior may change not only annually, but on a seasonal basis," said Matt Caldwell, VP Creative and Agency Services, Yes Lifecycle Marketing. "Marketers who don't want to be blindsided as seasonal events cause a temporary change in behavior should implement responsive design consistently, in every email they send."
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...