News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
When shoppers want answers, they want answers now. That is pushing more small businesses to productivity software, so that they can stay on top of customer needs.
Two new surveys - one for shoppers, one for businesses - out from GoDaddy indicate shoppers have a high response threshold for businesses and that SMBs are more connected than ever. The data shows most (94%) of those surveyed 'make an effort' to shop small/local businesses. Here are a few things SMBs can do to make sure shoppers believe in them:
• 65% of shoppers say modern websites are important
• Shoppers are 9 times more likely to choose businesses using domain-based email addresses
• 53% say SMBs should respond to their emailed questions within 4 hours, 25% say answers should be sent within one hour
"In order to run successful ventures, small business owners must keep up with client demands and look professional at all hours of the day," said GoDaddy Vice President of Applications, Steven Aldrich. "Small businesses identify technology as the part of their business they are least qualified to handle on their own. At GoDaddy, we understand SMB owners wear many hats and we are committed to providing simple IT solutions backed by 24/7 support to help them look professional anywhere and at any time, making it easier to compete with large companies and competitors."
To meet shoppers' wants most (78%) are using productivity software to help connect with shoppers. Other interesting tidbits from the SMB portion of the report include:
• 72% of SMBs prefer devices like tablets and smartphones to assistants
• 79% of SMBs don't know what the cloud is
• 32% of new SMBs believe professional email addies are important
• SMBs work from anywhere - including vacations, weekends and bathrooms
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...