News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
When shoppers want answers, they want answers now. That is pushing more small businesses to productivity software, so that they can stay on top of customer needs.
Two new surveys - one for shoppers, one for businesses - out from GoDaddy indicate shoppers have a high response threshold for businesses and that SMBs are more connected than ever. The data shows most (94%) of those surveyed 'make an effort' to shop small/local businesses. Here are a few things SMBs can do to make sure shoppers believe in them:
• 65% of shoppers say modern websites are important
• Shoppers are 9 times more likely to choose businesses using domain-based email addresses
• 53% say SMBs should respond to their emailed questions within 4 hours, 25% say answers should be sent within one hour
"In order to run successful ventures, small business owners must keep up with client demands and look professional at all hours of the day," said GoDaddy Vice President of Applications, Steven Aldrich. "Small businesses identify technology as the part of their business they are least qualified to handle on their own. At GoDaddy, we understand SMB owners wear many hats and we are committed to providing simple IT solutions backed by 24/7 support to help them look professional anywhere and at any time, making it easier to compete with large companies and competitors."
To meet shoppers' wants most (78%) are using productivity software to help connect with shoppers. Other interesting tidbits from the SMB portion of the report include:
• 72% of SMBs prefer devices like tablets and smartphones to assistants
• 79% of SMBs don't know what the cloud is
• 32% of new SMBs believe professional email addies are important
• SMBs work from anywhere - including vacations, weekends and bathrooms
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....