News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
When shoppers want answers, they want answers now. That is pushing more small businesses to productivity software, so that they can stay on top of customer needs.
Two new surveys - one for shoppers, one for businesses - out from GoDaddy indicate shoppers have a high response threshold for businesses and that SMBs are more connected than ever. The data shows most (94%) of those surveyed 'make an effort' to shop small/local businesses. Here are a few things SMBs can do to make sure shoppers believe in them:
• 65% of shoppers say modern websites are important
• Shoppers are 9 times more likely to choose businesses using domain-based email addresses
• 53% say SMBs should respond to their emailed questions within 4 hours, 25% say answers should be sent within one hour
"In order to run successful ventures, small business owners must keep up with client demands and look professional at all hours of the day," said GoDaddy Vice President of Applications, Steven Aldrich. "Small businesses identify technology as the part of their business they are least qualified to handle on their own. At GoDaddy, we understand SMB owners wear many hats and we are committed to providing simple IT solutions backed by 24/7 support to help them look professional anywhere and at any time, making it easier to compete with large companies and competitors."
To meet shoppers' wants most (78%) are using productivity software to help connect with shoppers. Other interesting tidbits from the SMB portion of the report include:
• 72% of SMBs prefer devices like tablets and smartphones to assistants
• 79% of SMBs don't know what the cloud is
• 32% of new SMBs believe professional email addies are important
• SMBs work from anywhere - including vacations, weekends and bathrooms
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...