News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Wearable tech users consider themselves early adopters
It's being seen as a natural progression in the mobile world - from carrying around a smartphone to actually wearing the technology. New research from Nielsen reveals that self-professed early adopters are leading the way in the trend for wearable tech.
Nielsen's latest survey found that most consumers (70%) are already aware of wearable tech. Of those, 15% have already bought into the trend and are sporting technology in the form of smart-watches and armbands.
However, three-quarters of those sporting wearable tech consider themselves early adopters. Furthermore, almost a third (29%) fell within the affluent category with more disposable income and earning over $100,000. In fact, Nielsen's study found that cost was one of the key barriers to wearable tech adoption with 72% of those yet to purchase a device saying they wished they were cheaper.
Among these trendsetters fitness bands were the most popular device (61%) followed by smart-watches (45%) and mobile health devices (17%).
The fashion-conscious will be buoyed by today's news that Google Glass has teamed up with Luxottica, the leading luxury and designer sports eyewear group, that includes brands such as Oakley, Arnette, Ray-Ban and Vogue-Eyewear.
"Luxottica understands how to build, distribute and sell great products that their clients and consumers love - something we care deeply about at Glass, too," says Google Glass in a Google+ post. "They'll bring design and manufacturing expertise to the mix, and, together, we'll bring even more Glass style choices to our Explorers."
Will the designer-look appeal to potential tech wearers or make them more wary of their personal safety while wearing Google Glass?
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
- Marketing spend on social to rise from 11% to a quarter of budget
- Checking email chews up 6.3 hours per day
- Study: Content, page loads reduce brand trust
- Study: Personalization key for email engagement
- Top 3 tips to set up rules to protect against fraud
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...