News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer service
Today, as more and more players enter the market, online retailers win by differentiating with experience. From checkout to delivery, eCommerce players strive hard to deliver a consistent and exceptional experience to be on top-of-mind recall. Today, service matters as much as price when making a quick online purchase.
"[This year, customer] support will be embedded into devices," said Girish Mathrubootham, Founder and CEO, Freshdesk. "Last year we saw Amazon integrate 24/7 support into the Kindle Fire. Customers today want answers right there, right then."
To that end, Mathrubootham believes real time, round-the-clock customer service is fast becoming a must have in the online ecommerce space. But that isn't all that is expected - the customer service aspect is expected by many customers to also be seamless and to cross channels.
How can a brand ensure they are ready for this kind of support?
First, think of online customers as just that - customers.
"Proactively reach out to [site] visitors," said Mathrubootham. "Turning those anonymous IPs into human connections can help you win purchases."
Second, dedicate social media handles that are specific to customer requests and issues. That dedicated handle should be separate to any marketing or promotional handles also being used.
Third, have different surveys for different customers and make sure the right customers get the right surveys.
"Long, 10 minute surveys test everybody's patience," said Mathrubootham. "Ask your most engaged visitors and customers questions, but keep them quick and short."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...