News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer service
Today, as more and more players enter the market, online retailers win by differentiating with experience. From checkout to delivery, eCommerce players strive hard to deliver a consistent and exceptional experience to be on top-of-mind recall. Today, service matters as much as price when making a quick online purchase.
"[This year, customer] support will be embedded into devices," said Girish Mathrubootham, Founder and CEO, Freshdesk. "Last year we saw Amazon integrate 24/7 support into the Kindle Fire. Customers today want answers right there, right then."
To that end, Mathrubootham believes real time, round-the-clock customer service is fast becoming a must have in the online ecommerce space. But that isn't all that is expected - the customer service aspect is expected by many customers to also be seamless and to cross channels.
How can a brand ensure they are ready for this kind of support?
First, think of online customers as just that - customers.
"Proactively reach out to [site] visitors," said Mathrubootham. "Turning those anonymous IPs into human connections can help you win purchases."
Second, dedicate social media handles that are specific to customer requests and issues. That dedicated handle should be separate to any marketing or promotional handles also being used.
Third, have different surveys for different customers and make sure the right customers get the right surveys.
"Long, 10 minute surveys test everybody's patience," said Mathrubootham. "Ask your most engaged visitors and customers questions, but keep them quick and short."
Image via Shutterstock
- Image-based social networks up their ad game
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
- Report: Fraud, conversions linked to traffic numbers
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...