News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to improve customer service
Today, as more and more players enter the market, online retailers win by differentiating with experience. From checkout to delivery, eCommerce players strive hard to deliver a consistent and exceptional experience to be on top-of-mind recall. Today, service matters as much as price when making a quick online purchase.
"[This year, customer] support will be embedded into devices," said Girish Mathrubootham, Founder and CEO, Freshdesk. "Last year we saw Amazon integrate 24/7 support into the Kindle Fire. Customers today want answers right there, right then."
To that end, Mathrubootham believes real time, round-the-clock customer service is fast becoming a must have in the online ecommerce space. But that isn't all that is expected - the customer service aspect is expected by many customers to also be seamless and to cross channels.
How can a brand ensure they are ready for this kind of support?
First, think of online customers as just that - customers.
"Proactively reach out to [site] visitors," said Mathrubootham. "Turning those anonymous IPs into human connections can help you win purchases."
Second, dedicate social media handles that are specific to customer requests and issues. That dedicated handle should be separate to any marketing or promotional handles also being used.
Third, have different surveys for different customers and make sure the right customers get the right surveys.
"Long, 10 minute surveys test everybody's patience," said Mathrubootham. "Ask your most engaged visitors and customers questions, but keep them quick and short."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....