News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Personal Presence Trumps Digital Decorum for Optimal Customer Experience
New research from CX Act finds that despite the onslaught of social media and digital channels, most consumers still prefer to use offline methods to make contact with businesses.
More specifically, over half (56%) prefer to make complaints to a live agent via telephone compared with just 22% that preferred email. Those that wanted to compliment a business preferred email compared with 22% who would choose to telephone to make such a compliment.
Despite the hype of social media being the contact channel of choice, just 5% of respondents said they used social media, mobile apps or live web chat to make a complaint or ask questions of a business.
"To win on the CX margin, brands must understand the preferred method of contact from their customer base and seek out opportunities to constantly improve those channels," said Crystal Collier, CEO, CX Act. "This new study provides a first glimpse at analyzing and understanding preferred methods of contact and associated methods of customer satisfaction and loyalty - all critical bottom-line drivers."
Image via Shutterstock
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Study dispels myth of what motivates brand advocates
- Survey: Product reviews influence more than half of shoppers
- Consumers turning from coupon clipping to coupon clicking
- Survey: Mobile security a risk for SMBs
- How multi-screens are changing brand interactions
- Ad RoundUp: Tapping into data solutions
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...