News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SocialBro research reveals cost of ignoring new Twitter Followers
Twitter management platform SocialBro has released data showing that unless businesses on the social platform engage early on with new Followers they will lose a fair number of them.
Engage early or be disengaged - that's the message from SocialBro's latest figures. Their data shows that businesses on Twitter will lose 15% of new Followers within three weeks if they don't make the effort to engage early on in the relationship.
According to SocialBro's Cassie Hayes, "famous or influential individuals (100,000+ followers) will lose 1-3% of new followers in the first week and 10% after three weeks", which is nothing compared to what businesses stand to lose.
SocialBro reckons that, if you're a company on Twitter, that churn rate can be anything from 5% to 15% and if you're just an ordinary person using Twitter expect to lose 20% of new Followers in the first week and 40% over three weeks if you don't make the effort to engage.
So, what can you do to stop new Followers disengaging?
"Make an effort to 'follow back', using lists to highlight your most important followers. Behind every profile is a real person, so do your best to interact, just as you would if they came in to your shop," advises Javier Buron, SocialBro's CEO and founder. "Mention them; thank them for following you; favorite their tweets. Obviously you need to prioritize those that are real accounts and those that represent a real opportunity, but try not to ignore new followers or they will soon say goodbye."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...