News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SocialBro research reveals cost of ignoring new Twitter Followers
Twitter management platform SocialBro has released data showing that unless businesses on the social platform engage early on with new Followers they will lose a fair number of them.
Engage early or be disengaged - that's the message from SocialBro's latest figures. Their data shows that businesses on Twitter will lose 15% of new Followers within three weeks if they don't make the effort to engage early on in the relationship.
According to SocialBro's Cassie Hayes, "famous or influential individuals (100,000+ followers) will lose 1-3% of new followers in the first week and 10% after three weeks", which is nothing compared to what businesses stand to lose.
SocialBro reckons that, if you're a company on Twitter, that churn rate can be anything from 5% to 15% and if you're just an ordinary person using Twitter expect to lose 20% of new Followers in the first week and 40% over three weeks if you don't make the effort to engage.
So, what can you do to stop new Followers disengaging?
"Make an effort to 'follow back', using lists to highlight your most important followers. Behind every profile is a real person, so do your best to interact, just as you would if they came in to your shop," advises Javier Buron, SocialBro's CEO and founder. "Mention them; thank them for following you; favorite their tweets. Obviously you need to prioritize those that are real accounts and those that represent a real opportunity, but try not to ignore new followers or they will soon say goodbye."
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...