News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Price ousts airline brand loyalty
A survey among online travel agent Wotif's newsletter subscribers reveals that airline loyalty is fickle and price is the most important factor when booking a flight.
Australia-based Wotif found, unsurprisingly, that Qantas remains the preferred airline for most Australian travelers. Almost 41% chose Qantas as their favorite airline followed by Emirates (15.8%) and Virgin (15.7%).
However, that loyalty isn't strong enough to prevent them shopping around and while the Australia-owned airline might be their preferred airline more than half (56%) said that loyalty would be challenged if the airline changed to foreign ownership.
When it comes to booking a flight, domestic or international, a preference for an airline is low on the list behind price, availability on travel dates and whether a direct flight is available.
"Unsurprisingly, price was the most important factor for travelers booking both domestic and international flights, with preferred airline being ranked least important for domestic travel but more important for international travel," said Helen Demetriou, Wotif Group executive general manager for flights and packages.
And what about flying with an unfamiliar airline? According to the survey, due to a lack of awareness of a brand's reputation, and safety and service concerns, three quarters (73%) of travelers admit they would not book a flight with an airline they had never heard of.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....