News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennials seen as loyal for brands
There is a theory that Millennials (aged 18-33) aren't brand loyal. That theory is picked apart by new data out from Adroit Digital which finds that, assuming their parents were brand loyal, Millennials are as well.
Researchers with Adroit Digital found that most Millennial shoppers (64%) have the same or greater brand loyalty as their parents; about one-quarter say they are 'more brand loyal' finds the report. Other interesting findings include:
• 60% of Millennials say social networks has great influence over their purchases
• 70% say television influences them
• 77% admit they are loyal but say they use 'different criteria' than their parents in selecting brands to which they will be loyal
• 52% say brands must be willing to change based on customer opinion if they want to be relevant
• 47% say they would switch loyalties if a brand's business practices were found to be poor
"For brands and agencies seeking to gain the trust and admiration of Millennials, the secret to success will lie in their ability to select the right partners, employ the right strategies, leverage the right technology and be prepared to constantly turn and pivot," said Scott German, General Manager of Adroit Digital. "Through the wide array of ad tech available today, they'll be able to open the dialogue of engagement and lay the foundation for earning the loyalty of Millennials."
Why are Millennials so important? Because of their buying power. Millennials have $600 billion in annual spending power.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...