News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennials seen as loyal for brands
There is a theory that Millennials (aged 18-33) aren't brand loyal. That theory is picked apart by new data out from Adroit Digital which finds that, assuming their parents were brand loyal, Millennials are as well.
Researchers with Adroit Digital found that most Millennial shoppers (64%) have the same or greater brand loyalty as their parents; about one-quarter say they are 'more brand loyal' finds the report. Other interesting findings include:
• 60% of Millennials say social networks has great influence over their purchases
• 70% say television influences them
• 77% admit they are loyal but say they use 'different criteria' than their parents in selecting brands to which they will be loyal
• 52% say brands must be willing to change based on customer opinion if they want to be relevant
• 47% say they would switch loyalties if a brand's business practices were found to be poor
"For brands and agencies seeking to gain the trust and admiration of Millennials, the secret to success will lie in their ability to select the right partners, employ the right strategies, leverage the right technology and be prepared to constantly turn and pivot," said Scott German, General Manager of Adroit Digital. "Through the wide array of ad tech available today, they'll be able to open the dialogue of engagement and lay the foundation for earning the loyalty of Millennials."
Why are Millennials so important? Because of their buying power. Millennials have $600 billion in annual spending power.
Image via Shutterstock
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
- Adobe: $27billion spent so far, 46% mobile traffic
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
- Study: Shoppers plan to spend more, save more this holiday
- How to respond to bad reviews
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...