News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennials seen as loyal for brands
There is a theory that Millennials (aged 18-33) aren't brand loyal. That theory is picked apart by new data out from Adroit Digital which finds that, assuming their parents were brand loyal, Millennials are as well.
Researchers with Adroit Digital found that most Millennial shoppers (64%) have the same or greater brand loyalty as their parents; about one-quarter say they are 'more brand loyal' finds the report. Other interesting findings include:
• 60% of Millennials say social networks has great influence over their purchases
• 70% say television influences them
• 77% admit they are loyal but say they use 'different criteria' than their parents in selecting brands to which they will be loyal
• 52% say brands must be willing to change based on customer opinion if they want to be relevant
• 47% say they would switch loyalties if a brand's business practices were found to be poor
"For brands and agencies seeking to gain the trust and admiration of Millennials, the secret to success will lie in their ability to select the right partners, employ the right strategies, leverage the right technology and be prepared to constantly turn and pivot," said Scott German, General Manager of Adroit Digital. "Through the wide array of ad tech available today, they'll be able to open the dialogue of engagement and lay the foundation for earning the loyalty of Millennials."
Why are Millennials so important? Because of their buying power. Millennials have $600 billion in annual spending power.
Image via Shutterstock
- Google adds business foot-traffic data to search
- 15% of Americans do not use the Internet
- By 2020, wearables will account for one-fifth of mobile transactions
- Brands: How to use programmatic TV buys to your advantage
- Top 3 tips that will help you use location more accurately
- Expert: How brands can ensure both worker mobility and business security
- Number of Mobile Addicts up 59% YoY
- Massive mobile ad fraud uncovered
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...