News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennials seen as loyal for brands
There is a theory that Millennials (aged 18-33) aren't brand loyal. That theory is picked apart by new data out from Adroit Digital which finds that, assuming their parents were brand loyal, Millennials are as well.
Researchers with Adroit Digital found that most Millennial shoppers (64%) have the same or greater brand loyalty as their parents; about one-quarter say they are 'more brand loyal' finds the report. Other interesting findings include:
• 60% of Millennials say social networks has great influence over their purchases
• 70% say television influences them
• 77% admit they are loyal but say they use 'different criteria' than their parents in selecting brands to which they will be loyal
• 52% say brands must be willing to change based on customer opinion if they want to be relevant
• 47% say they would switch loyalties if a brand's business practices were found to be poor
"For brands and agencies seeking to gain the trust and admiration of Millennials, the secret to success will lie in their ability to select the right partners, employ the right strategies, leverage the right technology and be prepared to constantly turn and pivot," said Scott German, General Manager of Adroit Digital. "Through the wide array of ad tech available today, they'll be able to open the dialogue of engagement and lay the foundation for earning the loyalty of Millennials."
Why are Millennials so important? Because of their buying power. Millennials have $600 billion in annual spending power.
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...