News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter social customer care demand exceeds Facebook
Social media analytics firm Socialbakers has announced their Q4 Socially Devoted rankings revealing that the airline industry has the highest social media response rate while Twitter has surpassed Facebook in the social customer care stakes.
Airlines are flying high on social media. According to Socialbakers' latest rankings, airline brands such as KLM are setting an example for other service-based industries in terms of response rate.
The airline industry has the highest response rate on both Facebook and Twitter responding to 76.4% of all in-bound questions on Facebook and 56.3% on Twitter. Not far behind airlines is the finance industry with 76.3% response rate on Facebook and 53.5% on Twitter.
Across all brands, the average response rate in Q4 2013 was 59.4% on Facebook and 40.6% on Twitter. The worst-performing industries were automotive (34.2% / 23.3%) and alcohol (32% / 23.2%).
Interestingly, while Twitter receives more 'social care demand' than Facebook - 59.3% relative number of questions versus 40.7% - brands respond more often on Facebook (59.4%) than Twitter (40.6%). Furthermore, retail brands respond more than e-commerce brands (64.2% vs. 58.8%).
"Consumer demand on Twitter pages is trending up overall, and has even surpassed the demand on Facebook," writes Socialbakers Campaign Content Specialist, William Miller, on the company blog. "When a customer logs a complaint on social media, it's increasingly likely that he or she will Tweet it to you, rather than post it on your Wall."
For a summary of Socialbakers' findings, check out their infographic.
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...