News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter social customer care demand exceeds Facebook
Social media analytics firm Socialbakers has announced their Q4 Socially Devoted rankings revealing that the airline industry has the highest social media response rate while Twitter has surpassed Facebook in the social customer care stakes.
Airlines are flying high on social media. According to Socialbakers' latest rankings, airline brands such as KLM are setting an example for other service-based industries in terms of response rate.
The airline industry has the highest response rate on both Facebook and Twitter responding to 76.4% of all in-bound questions on Facebook and 56.3% on Twitter. Not far behind airlines is the finance industry with 76.3% response rate on Facebook and 53.5% on Twitter.
Across all brands, the average response rate in Q4 2013 was 59.4% on Facebook and 40.6% on Twitter. The worst-performing industries were automotive (34.2% / 23.3%) and alcohol (32% / 23.2%).
Interestingly, while Twitter receives more 'social care demand' than Facebook - 59.3% relative number of questions versus 40.7% - brands respond more often on Facebook (59.4%) than Twitter (40.6%). Furthermore, retail brands respond more than e-commerce brands (64.2% vs. 58.8%).
"Consumer demand on Twitter pages is trending up overall, and has even surpassed the demand on Facebook," writes Socialbakers Campaign Content Specialist, William Miller, on the company blog. "When a customer logs a complaint on social media, it's increasingly likely that he or she will Tweet it to you, rather than post it on your Wall."
For a summary of Socialbakers' findings, check out their infographic.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...