News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter social customer care demand exceeds Facebook
Social media analytics firm Socialbakers has announced their Q4 Socially Devoted rankings revealing that the airline industry has the highest social media response rate while Twitter has surpassed Facebook in the social customer care stakes.
Airlines are flying high on social media. According to Socialbakers' latest rankings, airline brands such as KLM are setting an example for other service-based industries in terms of response rate.
The airline industry has the highest response rate on both Facebook and Twitter responding to 76.4% of all in-bound questions on Facebook and 56.3% on Twitter. Not far behind airlines is the finance industry with 76.3% response rate on Facebook and 53.5% on Twitter.
Across all brands, the average response rate in Q4 2013 was 59.4% on Facebook and 40.6% on Twitter. The worst-performing industries were automotive (34.2% / 23.3%) and alcohol (32% / 23.2%).
Interestingly, while Twitter receives more 'social care demand' than Facebook - 59.3% relative number of questions versus 40.7% - brands respond more often on Facebook (59.4%) than Twitter (40.6%). Furthermore, retail brands respond more than e-commerce brands (64.2% vs. 58.8%).
"Consumer demand on Twitter pages is trending up overall, and has even surpassed the demand on Facebook," writes Socialbakers Campaign Content Specialist, William Miller, on the company blog. "When a customer logs a complaint on social media, it's increasingly likely that he or she will Tweet it to you, rather than post it on your Wall."
For a summary of Socialbakers' findings, check out their infographic.
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...