News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Twitter social customer care demand exceeds Facebook
Social media analytics firm Socialbakers has announced their Q4 Socially Devoted rankings revealing that the airline industry has the highest social media response rate while Twitter has surpassed Facebook in the social customer care stakes.
Airlines are flying high on social media. According to Socialbakers' latest rankings, airline brands such as KLM are setting an example for other service-based industries in terms of response rate.
The airline industry has the highest response rate on both Facebook and Twitter responding to 76.4% of all in-bound questions on Facebook and 56.3% on Twitter. Not far behind airlines is the finance industry with 76.3% response rate on Facebook and 53.5% on Twitter.
Across all brands, the average response rate in Q4 2013 was 59.4% on Facebook and 40.6% on Twitter. The worst-performing industries were automotive (34.2% / 23.3%) and alcohol (32% / 23.2%).
Interestingly, while Twitter receives more 'social care demand' than Facebook - 59.3% relative number of questions versus 40.7% - brands respond more often on Facebook (59.4%) than Twitter (40.6%). Furthermore, retail brands respond more than e-commerce brands (64.2% vs. 58.8%).
"Consumer demand on Twitter pages is trending up overall, and has even surpassed the demand on Facebook," writes Socialbakers Campaign Content Specialist, William Miller, on the company blog. "When a customer logs a complaint on social media, it's increasingly likely that he or she will Tweet it to you, rather than post it on your Wall."
For a summary of Socialbakers' findings, check out their infographic.
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...