News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Move over free product delivery, Google proposes free people delivery
Physical stores have had a tough time of it recently, thanks to mobile and e-commerce. However, a new Google patent that could offer ad-supported free taxi rides for customers to outlets may prove a way to bring people to businesses.
Google's latest ad foray may see potential business customers being whisked to the point of sale via taxi following the US Patent and Trademark office award of a patent for an ad-based taxi service.
An algorithm tracking where people are and what they are looking to purchase, coupled with whether it's cost effective to stump up the cost of a taxi fare to the business premises, spells a huge leap forward in digital marketing.
"The invention involves automatically comparing the cost of transportation and the potential profit from a completed transaction using a number of real-time calculations. For example, the calculation may consider various factors including a consumer's current location, the consumer's most likely route and form of transportation (such as train, personal car, taxi, rental car, or shared vehicle), the consumer's daily agenda, the price competing advertisers are willing to pay for the customer to be delivered to alternate locations, and other costs. In this regard, the customer's obstacles to entering a business location are reduced while routing and cost calculations are automatically handled based on the demand for the advertiser's goods and potential profit margins."
The idea does have its limits. As CNET points out, if a person is searching for a car to buy then a free trip to the showroom would be a viable proposition. However, you're probably not going to get a free lift to buy dental floss.
Image via Shutterstock
- Unique products, better prices motivates cross-border ecommerce
- Gen Z keen to engage with mobile video
- Expert: How to determine if a subscription service is good business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting key for video, digital products
- Top 3 tips to create speech analytics strategy
- Snapchat rumored to be rolling out behavioral targeting for advertisers
- Working 9-5 becoming a thing of the past?
- Accordant Media: 151% increase in global programmatic auction volume
Featured White Papers
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing Today
Great content shows that you understand the customer and their problems and that you want and are able to help...
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...