News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube offers channel owners Fan Finder ads - for free
YouTube has announced they have launched a new ad creation tool that will allow channel owners to promote their channel to new fans - for free.
If you want to attract new fans to your YouTube channel then now is the time to get onto it. YouTube has launched the new Fan Finder ad creation tool that allows trailers, or ads, to be created and distributed via pre-roll, free of charge.
YouTube will take your advertising trailer and turn it into a TrueView video ad - a format that allows viewers to skip the ad after 5 seconds. For this reason alone, channel owners will need to think carefully about their trailer's content and engagement.
Of course, just using an existing video from your channel will not suffice and, to help produce quality and engaging trailers YouTube has provided some helpful advice.
The most important consideration is length - keep the channel ads short and sweet and ensure you get as much information about your channel across as possible - don't assume they will already have heard of you. Ads must also entertain and provide a strong message with a clear call to action.
And finally - branding matters. Make sure viewers remember both your message and your branding by keeping it in-view as much as possible and reiterating the values and message behind it.
Need inspiration? YouTube has provided a short video containing some of the best channel ads.
- How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
- Ad Roundup: Making mobile, social, video simpler
- Report: Retailers' investment in mobile paying off
- Survey: Customer service/support high on brands' focus list
- How indie retailers fit into the online space
- Latest mobile network tests find Vodafone wanting
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...