News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YouTube offers channel owners Fan Finder ads - for free
YouTube has announced they have launched a new ad creation tool that will allow channel owners to promote their channel to new fans - for free.
If you want to attract new fans to your YouTube channel then now is the time to get onto it. YouTube has launched the new Fan Finder ad creation tool that allows trailers, or ads, to be created and distributed via pre-roll, free of charge.
YouTube will take your advertising trailer and turn it into a TrueView video ad - a format that allows viewers to skip the ad after 5 seconds. For this reason alone, channel owners will need to think carefully about their trailer's content and engagement.
Of course, just using an existing video from your channel will not suffice and, to help produce quality and engaging trailers YouTube has provided some helpful advice.
The most important consideration is length - keep the channel ads short and sweet and ensure you get as much information about your channel across as possible - don't assume they will already have heard of you. Ads must also entertain and provide a strong message with a clear call to action.
And finally - branding matters. Make sure viewers remember both your message and your branding by keeping it in-view as much as possible and reiterating the values and message behind it.
Need inspiration? YouTube has provided a short video containing some of the best channel ads.
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...