News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile customers want to share, really
Mobile customers aren't just hoping to find deals to their favored retailers, in many cases, these shoppers are willing to share location data so that the brand can more readily find them. That is the takeaway from a new report out this week, which shows nearly half of mobile users are willing to exchange their location for relevant offers and coupons.
The report, from Millward Brown and mBlox, finds that most (59%) of mobile users 'prefer' SMS and push campaigns over other mobile ad options. This includes video, banners and email. In fact, three-quarters of both global and US-based respondents say they 'are likely' to engage with SMS/push messages which include location-triggered coupons or relevant deals. Other interesting findings include:
• 47% say they'll share location data for offers and coupons
• 45% will share their location to receive 'information they requested'
• 36% are willing to share location data to solve customer service issues
• 24% will share location data to check-in or post to their social networks
"The majority of people today find value in targeted, relevant SMS and push messages sent by a company," said mBlox CEO Tom Cotney. "When consumers are telling you they want to, if not expect to, be contacted just by downloading an app, it would be foolish not to take advantage of that. If you're a marketer, why wouldn't you engage people via the channel and methods they prefer?"
The survey also found that more than half (58%) will text their favorite brands to request more information or to enter a contest (54%). And, don't forget the value of texting. According to the report more than 60% of both global and US mobile users 'find value' in branded text messages and more than half say push/text messages have influenced them to make a purchase.
Image via Shutterstock
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...