News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
JiWire: Shoppers turn to mobile for research, comparison
New data out from JiWire underlines the importance of mobile functionality for retail brands. According to the Q2 Mobile Audience Insights Report nearly half (42%) of shoppers prefer to research products via mobile while 45% prefer to purchase in-store.
At the same time, retail shoppers' engagement with ads has been shown to increase when they are within a 2 mile radius from a store location. Researchers found engagement was 42% higher when ads were seen on a device rather than when they were inside a store. According to the report, 92% more shoppers are now buying from a mobile device than in-store (versus Q1 2012).
Other interesting findings include:
• Most shoppers to research online (mobile and PC) go on to buy online through that device
• Those using smartphones purchase as often from a mobile device as they do in-store
• 37% of shoppers showroom products and then buy online
"Mobile has become a fundamental aspect of the retail shopping experience," said David Staas, President of JiWire. "Consumers are turning to these devices throughout the path to purchase, from researching to purchasing to sharing, both before shopping and while in-store. Leveraging these trends will be a critical marketing aspect for both retail brands and product companies to drive sales this holiday season."
As for how shoppers are using mobile devices in-store, the research shows most (80%) are using mobile devices in-store to 'enhance' their experience. About one-third are either looking for coupons or product reviews through their devices.
Researchers found that mobile Wi-Fi connections increased 23% year over year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...