News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gracenote releases video APIs
New from Gracenote: the release of developer program video APIs, tools which developers can use to tap into video metadata to push the engagement level of their apps. The new APIs include television listing, cover art/imagery and content recognition technology to help developers create content rich, engaging smartphone and tablet entertainment apps.
The Gracenote Video APIs will debut at the TVOT Hackathon in San Francisco on June 22.
For those unfamiliar with Gracenote, the company offers music and video metadata for entertainment brands; meanwhile their recognition technology offers an assist by synching smart devices with offered programming.
The video APIs are:
• Gracenote Entourage ACR which uses tablet/smartphone mics to identify programming and then synching the device with the program
• Gracenote eyeQ while is a local and national program guide featuring cast/crew images, cover art and content
"The music arm of entertainment has seen tremendous innovation from developers and has been embraced by major industry players, but TV has been left relatively untouched by the community," said Eric Allen, vice president of services at Gracenote. "Gracenote's vast source of TV and movie metadata and video recognition technology has the potential to rally developers around reinventing the TV experience."
Gracenote will offer a $2,000 prize, at the Hackathon, for the most innovative hack using their infrastructure.
Earlier this year Gracenote launched the Open Developer Program, featuring APIs and SDKs for the music side of the entertainment industry; the program offers up music metadata and recognition technology.
"Innovation comes from anywhere, not just from big, well-funded companies," said Stephen White, president of Gracenote. "There is no other open development platform for music available today that has the depth and scale that Gracenote supports. We want to discover the next great music developers by giving them a chance to dive deep into this data and technology, play around with it, and see what they can create."
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...