News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Gracenote releases video APIs
New from Gracenote: the release of developer program video APIs, tools which developers can use to tap into video metadata to push the engagement level of their apps. The new APIs include television listing, cover art/imagery and content recognition technology to help developers create content rich, engaging smartphone and tablet entertainment apps.
The Gracenote Video APIs will debut at the TVOT Hackathon in San Francisco on June 22.
For those unfamiliar with Gracenote, the company offers music and video metadata for entertainment brands; meanwhile their recognition technology offers an assist by synching smart devices with offered programming.
The video APIs are:
• Gracenote Entourage ACR which uses tablet/smartphone mics to identify programming and then synching the device with the program
• Gracenote eyeQ while is a local and national program guide featuring cast/crew images, cover art and content
"The music arm of entertainment has seen tremendous innovation from developers and has been embraced by major industry players, but TV has been left relatively untouched by the community," said Eric Allen, vice president of services at Gracenote. "Gracenote's vast source of TV and movie metadata and video recognition technology has the potential to rally developers around reinventing the TV experience."
Gracenote will offer a $2,000 prize, at the Hackathon, for the most innovative hack using their infrastructure.
Earlier this year Gracenote launched the Open Developer Program, featuring APIs and SDKs for the music side of the entertainment industry; the program offers up music metadata and recognition technology.
"Innovation comes from anywhere, not just from big, well-funded companies," said Stephen White, president of Gracenote. "There is no other open development platform for music available today that has the depth and scale that Gracenote supports. We want to discover the next great music developers by giving them a chance to dive deep into this data and technology, play around with it, and see what they can create."
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...