News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brightroll: Video now leading digital advertising
Consumers are blind to banner ads and may not take the time really delve into social ads, but video is another entity. In fact, new data out from Brightroll indicates that video advertising is now leading the digital marketing space.
"Video has emerged from the shadow of digital media options and planted itself at the center of the advertising ecosystem," said Tod Sacerdoti, CEO and founder of BrightRoll. "This year's survey underscores digital video's leadership position with proven effectiveness to reach audiences at scale, clearer success metrics to measure ROI and continued technological advancements to meet advertisers' campaign goals."
Brightroll's 2013 US Video Advertising Report shows:
• 75% of agencies find video 'as or more' effective than television, up 12% from 2012
• 66% say more than half of RFPs (Year over Year) include digi-video components, up 35% over 2012 numbers
• One-third (36%) say behavioral targeting is the best option with video ads
• One-third say programmatic video ad buys is an efficient system
By year's end (2013) video advertising is expected to grow to more than $4 billion (eMarketer) as more ad agencies and brands push into the video space. Online and mobile video are seeing the biggest increases in spending, understandable with the number of consumers tuning in to online video content.
According to comScore more than 180 million Americans watched over 30 billion online video clips (March 2013), including just over 13 billion video ads.
To help advertisers get more from their video dollars, comScore and Brightroll are teaming up to offer enhanced video ratings.
"Over the last year, we've seen a three-fold increase in the number of advertisers requesting digital audience guarantees," said Daryl McNutt, BrightRoll SVP of Research and Marketing. "Brands are beginning to buy digital video more like traditional TV and our relationship with comScore enables us to give clients the audience validation they need."
Through their partnership both publishers and advertisers will have access to deeper metrics for video reach, frequency, GRPs and demographic data, which should help them better target video ads to viewers.
Image via Shutterstock
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...