News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
YouTube is celebrating its eighth birthday and has revealed that a huge amount of video content is now uploaded every minute. But, are the ads that are often attached to video content any more effective than those on television?
Two years ago, YouTube users were uploading 48 hours of video every minute. Today that figure stands at a whopping 100 hours per minute and 1 billion use the website each month.
Many people now use YouTube to watch a variety of user-generated and professional content, and are exposed to advertising on the website in the form of short commercials before, during or after each video. But are these ads as effective or popular as television ads?
According to an Ask Your Target Market survey, 16% of respondents watch online videos several times each day. Furthermore, 17% watch online video daily and 28% several times each week. However, only 5% said they always pay attention to the ads that accompany video content and 14% pay attention most of the time. Eighteen percent never pay attention.
How does that compare with television ads? The situation is very similar. While Americans still watch more television than they do online video (24% watch multiple TV shows daily and 36% watch TV daily), only 6% always pay attention to television ads and 15% pay attention most of the time. Twelve percent say they never pay attention.
In terms of ad effectiveness, just 8% believe online video ads are more effective than television ads, while 35% believe ads on television are more effective than online video ads. A quarter of all respondents believe the two formats are equally as effective.
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....