News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
85% of marketers to up spend on mobile
Most marketers now use, or plan to use, mobile as part of their marketing mix. A new survey by the Association of National Advertisers and MediaVest reveals that a significant number plan to increase their mobile marketing budgets in the near future.
The survey, based on an online study of 68 consumer and B2B marketers, reveals that mobile will continue to play a major marketing role.
Mobile strategies currently being implemented include mobile websites (84%), mobile search (78%), apps (76%) and mobile display ads (75%).
Almost all (96%) of those surveyed now use mobile marketing, or at least plan to use it. Furthermore, those using mobile intend to put more money mobile's way with 85% planning to up their spending in "the near future". More marketers plan to start using location-based services (28%) in the future than any other mobile tactic.
Most survey respondents said their top goal via mobile was brand management and building (83%) followed by brand awareness (78%) and customer loyalty and retention (74%).
"Mobile is a huge opportunity for marketers. [It's] territory that has yet to be fully tapped," said ANA President and Chief Executive Bob Liodice.
"Brands are clearly excited about the possibilities, but at the same time, perceived success rates have not increased significantly. The industry as a whole must move quickly to standardize measurement practices and address privacy issues."
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...