News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
85% of marketers to up spend on mobile
Most marketers now use, or plan to use, mobile as part of their marketing mix. A new survey by the Association of National Advertisers and MediaVest reveals that a significant number plan to increase their mobile marketing budgets in the near future.
The survey, based on an online study of 68 consumer and B2B marketers, reveals that mobile will continue to play a major marketing role.
Mobile strategies currently being implemented include mobile websites (84%), mobile search (78%), apps (76%) and mobile display ads (75%).
Almost all (96%) of those surveyed now use mobile marketing, or at least plan to use it. Furthermore, those using mobile intend to put more money mobile's way with 85% planning to up their spending in "the near future". More marketers plan to start using location-based services (28%) in the future than any other mobile tactic.
Most survey respondents said their top goal via mobile was brand management and building (83%) followed by brand awareness (78%) and customer loyalty and retention (74%).
"Mobile is a huge opportunity for marketers. [It's] territory that has yet to be fully tapped," said ANA President and Chief Executive Bob Liodice.
"Brands are clearly excited about the possibilities, but at the same time, perceived success rates have not increased significantly. The industry as a whole must move quickly to standardize measurement practices and address privacy issues."
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....