News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
85% of marketers to up spend on mobile
Most marketers now use, or plan to use, mobile as part of their marketing mix. A new survey by the Association of National Advertisers and MediaVest reveals that a significant number plan to increase their mobile marketing budgets in the near future.
The survey, based on an online study of 68 consumer and B2B marketers, reveals that mobile will continue to play a major marketing role.
Mobile strategies currently being implemented include mobile websites (84%), mobile search (78%), apps (76%) and mobile display ads (75%).
Almost all (96%) of those surveyed now use mobile marketing, or at least plan to use it. Furthermore, those using mobile intend to put more money mobile's way with 85% planning to up their spending in "the near future". More marketers plan to start using location-based services (28%) in the future than any other mobile tactic.
Most survey respondents said their top goal via mobile was brand management and building (83%) followed by brand awareness (78%) and customer loyalty and retention (74%).
"Mobile is a huge opportunity for marketers. [It's] territory that has yet to be fully tapped," said ANA President and Chief Executive Bob Liodice.
"Brands are clearly excited about the possibilities, but at the same time, perceived success rates have not increased significantly. The industry as a whole must move quickly to standardize measurement practices and address privacy issues."
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: A Marketer's Guide
This report was prepared by conducting in-depth interviews with leading vendors and industry experts....
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...