News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media the place to announce "I Voted"
According to a new study from Pew Research, social media is the place to announce who you voted for and, if you're an Obama fan, the place to brag about it.
Published yesterday, the Pew Research findings show that Facebook and Twitter are used by nearly a quarter of American voters to broadcast who they put a tick against.
A quarter of Barack Obama supporters and 20% of Mitt Romney supporters have used social media to announce their preference.
It's not surprising to note that younger voters, those age 18 to 29, were the most likely to announce they voted (29%) and 34% encouraged others in their social network to vote for the same candidate. That compares with just 9% of Americans age 65 and over who used social media to persuade others who they should vote for.
However, the most popular way to discuss politics remains face-to-face. Pew's report found that more than half of respondents said someone had tried to persuade them to vote for Obama or Romney in person in the past 30 days.
Facebook has been keeping track of how many of its users are posting about their voting activity. A newsfeed post that appeared to all Americans of voting age contained a link to maps of polling places along with an "I Voted" button.
As of the time of writing, double the number of women than men had clicked the "I Voted" button with the figures standing at 6,358,001 female voters and 3,277,446 male voters.
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
- Report: Over half of Millennials have or will use Bots
- Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...