News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media the place to announce "I Voted"
According to a new study from Pew Research, social media is the place to announce who you voted for and, if you're an Obama fan, the place to brag about it.
Published yesterday, the Pew Research findings show that Facebook and Twitter are used by nearly a quarter of American voters to broadcast who they put a tick against.
A quarter of Barack Obama supporters and 20% of Mitt Romney supporters have used social media to announce their preference.
It's not surprising to note that younger voters, those age 18 to 29, were the most likely to announce they voted (29%) and 34% encouraged others in their social network to vote for the same candidate. That compares with just 9% of Americans age 65 and over who used social media to persuade others who they should vote for.
However, the most popular way to discuss politics remains face-to-face. Pew's report found that more than half of respondents said someone had tried to persuade them to vote for Obama or Romney in person in the past 30 days.
Facebook has been keeping track of how many of its users are posting about their voting activity. A newsfeed post that appeared to all Americans of voting age contained a link to maps of polling places along with an "I Voted" button.
As of the time of writing, double the number of women than men had clicked the "I Voted" button with the figures standing at 6,358,001 female voters and 3,277,446 male voters.
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...