News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over 70% of Facebook Pages inactive during October
Many brands and businesses aren't getting the most out of social media. Analysis of more than 5.7 million Facebook Pages reveals that 7 out of 10 were inactive during the month of October, with zero updates.
Despite providing a plethora of tools to make Facebook Pages more attractive and functional for businesses and other groups, research by Recommend.ly found that just over 70% were inactive during October this year.
Community Pages were found to be the most likely to have zero updates posted in a month (79.3%) followed by company Pages (73.5%) and Pages set up by public figures (72.6%).
According to Recommend.ly, Pages that have selected a specific business category name such as 'restaurants/cafes' or 'spas', tend to be more active and focused on posting to Facebook. Nearly 50% of both (44.5% and 48.7% respectively) post between six and 99 updates per month.
When brands enter a social arena they must be sure to participate. However, the research found a worrying number of Pages, 83% overall, lack any participation at all whether it be sharing, Liking or commenting on a post either they, or their Fans, had created. The same categories that had zero updates in a month (community, company and public figure) were not participating on their Page.
"With the introduction of Timeline view, Facebook aimed to make Pages more popular with both businesses and fans. However, due to high levels of inactivity from Page owners and also falling engagement from fans, businesses are still not able to use Pages effectively," concludes Krishna Neelamraju on the Recommend.ly blog. "With visual content giving much higher engagement than before, businesses need to change their content strategies to be able to fully utilize the opportunity to access a social network with over one billion active users."
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
- Brexit, Trump leave marketers skittish about targeting
- Email analysis reveals extent of email attacks on businesses
- Report IDs the next big tech products
- Brands: How to prep for the subscription economy
- Expert: What Buffett's Walmart sale means
- Reports: Mobile data traffic, video trending high
- Survey finds increased interest in online car buying
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...