News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Over 70% of Facebook Pages inactive during October
Many brands and businesses aren't getting the most out of social media. Analysis of more than 5.7 million Facebook Pages reveals that 7 out of 10 were inactive during the month of October, with zero updates.
Despite providing a plethora of tools to make Facebook Pages more attractive and functional for businesses and other groups, research by Recommend.ly found that just over 70% were inactive during October this year.
Community Pages were found to be the most likely to have zero updates posted in a month (79.3%) followed by company Pages (73.5%) and Pages set up by public figures (72.6%).
According to Recommend.ly, Pages that have selected a specific business category name such as 'restaurants/cafes' or 'spas', tend to be more active and focused on posting to Facebook. Nearly 50% of both (44.5% and 48.7% respectively) post between six and 99 updates per month.
When brands enter a social arena they must be sure to participate. However, the research found a worrying number of Pages, 83% overall, lack any participation at all whether it be sharing, Liking or commenting on a post either they, or their Fans, had created. The same categories that had zero updates in a month (community, company and public figure) were not participating on their Page.
"With the introduction of Timeline view, Facebook aimed to make Pages more popular with both businesses and fans. However, due to high levels of inactivity from Page owners and also falling engagement from fans, businesses are still not able to use Pages effectively," concludes Krishna Neelamraju on the Recommend.ly blog. "With visual content giving much higher engagement than before, businesses need to change their content strategies to be able to fully utilize the opportunity to access a social network with over one billion active users."
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...