News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Location-tagging growing in importance for people
A new study out from JiWire indicates more and more consumers are location-tagging photos snapped and shared on the go from mobile devices. In fact, according to the report 72% prefer taking on-the-go pictures with a mobile device rather than a camera. The act of location tagging can give marketers are more direct look at how consumers are engaging. Here's how:
Kristina: Tell me about this report?
David Staas, Interim CEO, JiWire: JiWire surveyed about 400 consumers to discover the motivations behind location-based photo sharing. The research showed that 72% prefer their mobile device as opposed to their camera for snapping photos. The convenience of photo-sharing with location is easier than ever on mobile devices (smartphones and tablets). For example, an interesting stat is that men are more likely than women to location-tag their pictures in attempt to connect with those around them, while women are more likely to location-tag their photos when sharing photos of travel or experiences with their family and friends.
Kristina: How can brands use this type of information?
David: Advertisers can use this trend to understand their audience in a deeper way, while they are on-the-go. With the increase in location-tagging, it gives context to the advertisers who can then cater to their on-the-go audience. The main idea is to target the on-the-go consumer with not only the right message but also in the right location. This interaction between consumer and brand creates better engagement for both parties--users can share their experiences with friends and advertisers can reach their audiences appropriately.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing in mobile currently?
David: With JiWire's quarterly Insights report that was released in April (for Q1 2012), trends included:
• 70% of C-level executives also report using location-based apps daily (56%) or weekly (14%)
• More than half of business people use apps on a daily basis regardless of position or company size
• When traveling for business, the top three most-used app categories are travel, weather, and social networking
Because of these trends, JiWire dug a little deeper into data surrounding location-based photo services, and discovered that 83% of people take pictures while on-the-go. JiWire's Q2 Insights Report will be released in July.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...