News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Domino's UK discounts treats for Tweets
Domino's Pizza is aiming to boost its lunchtime orders with a Twitter campaign that lowers the price of a Pepperoni Passion pizza each time someone tweets the hashtag #letsdolunch.
As of 9am Monday 5 March, 2012, the pizza chain started a two hour reverse auction via Twitter to boost lunchtime orders.
Dubbed the "Tweets for Treats" campaign the price of a specific pizza, in this case a Pepperoni Passion, dropped by one penny each time someone Tweeted using the hashtag #letsdolunch.
The decreasing cost of the pizza is displayed on Domino's Facebook page and, once the auction has finished, the pizza is available to buy at the discounted price until 3pm that same day.
Domino's does have a safety net. The campaign terms and conditions state that the price will not drop below £6.59 ($10.46) regardless of how many hashtags are Tweeted.
Yesterday's auction (5 March 2012) saw the final price of a large Pepperoni Passion drop from £15.99 ($25.38) to £7.74 ($12.28), although as Facebook fans soon found out, the minimum order value for delivery was still in place which, for some stores, is around the £9.99 mark ($15.86).
Recently released figures show that online sales for 2011 in the UK and Ireland increased 43% to $287.2million and accounted for 44.3% of delivered sales, up from 35.8% in 2010.
"A growing number of stores take over 75% of their orders online and it is a channel that Domino's continues to dominate in the quick service sector," said Chief Executive Lance Batchelor.
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...