News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top three tips to sweeten email responses
Email continues to have a strong hold on both marketers and consumers; both are using it to stay connected, find out about new products and get the best deals on merchandise. According to the latest State of Email Marketing from GetResponse most SMBs report high deliverability rates and low complaint rates - an indication that email messages are getting to the right consumers at the right time.
Some interesting findings from GetResponse include:
• 79% report using sign-up forms to build lists, online 40% place forms on every page
• 44% include sign-up forms on Facebook pages
• 42% use advanced segmentation techniques, 55% use personalization
• 39% utilize split testing
Meanwhile, Responsys reports retail email continues to see an upsurge in use. On average retailers sent about 16 emails in January, an increase of 27% year over year. The next big push will likely be the Valentine's Day holiday period.
"During 2011, per subscriber email volume growth averaged 16 percent, so email volume growth is on track to dwarf that in 2012, especially considering that January is traditionally one of the slower months for email marketing. Clearly retailers were very pleased with the results of their big email marketing increases during the holiday season," said Chad White, Research Director, Responsys.
Of course, there is still room for most campaigns to improve. Campaigner's Paul Turnbull suggests targeting is still the key to a successful campaign, especially during holidays like Valentine's Day. His top three tips include:
• Using different sign up forms to track and test messaging tactics
• Simplifying the subscription process and allowing subscribers to easily change preferences
• Practice white-hat tactics by removing non-responders and building a list rather than 'buying' one
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...