News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Millennials reward brand excellence with loyalty
Ask a Millennial what it is about a brand that will make them buy it and stay loyal and the answer is simple - trust and excellence. They'll even help spread the word. However, if a brand should fall foul of a Millennial, the world and his wife will hear about it.
The route to a Millennial's wallet and loyalty is quality. In the words of a Millennial interviewed by Arathi Menon, Senior Account Executive for Edelman in Bangalore, "Focus on making an excellent product. If you do so then all of your marketing will be true... and most of the marketing will be done by us."
And once Millennials, sometimes referred to as Gen Y, Generation Why or the Echo Boomers, find a brand they like and trust, they stick with it. Seventy percent of respondents to Edelman's survey (.pdf) were loyal to their preferred brands.
Brands are very important to Millennials. They are a badge that reflects an individual's personality and style. Brand likes and dislikes are topics that over 80% of Millennials regularly discuss online and nearly half (47%) have expressed positive opinions about a brand online.
Likewise, most Millennials will share a favorite brand with friends and family (70%). And here's an interesting finding - they believe that friends and family "highly depend" on their brand opinions.
Finally, woe betides any brand that loses a Millennial's trust. Just as they are willing to share their brand recommendations with those near and dear, over half (54%) are more than willing to steer those same people clear of brands for which they have lost all trust and respect.
They will also take action against a brand. If disappointed 41% boycott a brand, nearly one-third rant via their social network (32%), and 29% will join a community of people who dislike the brand. Facebook seems to be the place to do all three at once, as both BP and Pampers have discovered.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...