News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iPad users more engaged with advertising
As the iPad continues to dominate sales of connected devices there's good news for advertisers. According to new data from Nielsen, iPad users are more engaged with advertising than other e-reader, netbook or smartphone users and more likely to make a purchase as a result of that engagement.
The findings (.pdf) suggest iPad users like to engage with ads and are more likely to click into an ad that has an interactive feature or video.
Nearly half (45%) of iPad owners said they were more likely to click on ads that included multimedia than 26% of iPhone subscribers and 27% of other device owners.
Not only are they more receptive to advertising, they are more likely that other devices to take action or make a purchase. Over a third (36%) made a purchase on the Internet via a PC after seeing an ad on their iPad, compared to 27% of all other device owners.
A quarter of iPad users went to a store to make a purchase as a result of an ad on their device (vs. 10% of all device users), while 12% purchased over the phone (vs. 7%) and 8% made a purchase direct from their device (vs. 5%).
Overall, 60% of the respondents of all users surveyed indicated they were "OK with advertising if it means I can access content for free."
Recent research (.pdf) from Rhythm NewMedia found click-through rates from interactive pre-roll video ads to be higher among iPad users than users of other devices.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...