News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iPad users more engaged with advertising
As the iPad continues to dominate sales of connected devices there's good news for advertisers. According to new data from Nielsen, iPad users are more engaged with advertising than other e-reader, netbook or smartphone users and more likely to make a purchase as a result of that engagement.
The findings (.pdf) suggest iPad users like to engage with ads and are more likely to click into an ad that has an interactive feature or video.
Nearly half (45%) of iPad owners said they were more likely to click on ads that included multimedia than 26% of iPhone subscribers and 27% of other device owners.
Not only are they more receptive to advertising, they are more likely that other devices to take action or make a purchase. Over a third (36%) made a purchase on the Internet via a PC after seeing an ad on their iPad, compared to 27% of all other device owners.
A quarter of iPad users went to a store to make a purchase as a result of an ad on their device (vs. 10% of all device users), while 12% purchased over the phone (vs. 7%) and 8% made a purchase direct from their device (vs. 5%).
Overall, 60% of the respondents of all users surveyed indicated they were "OK with advertising if it means I can access content for free."
Recent research (.pdf) from Rhythm NewMedia found click-through rates from interactive pre-roll video ads to be higher among iPad users than users of other devices.
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...