News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iPad users more engaged with advertising
As the iPad continues to dominate sales of connected devices there's good news for advertisers. According to new data from Nielsen, iPad users are more engaged with advertising than other e-reader, netbook or smartphone users and more likely to make a purchase as a result of that engagement.
The findings (.pdf) suggest iPad users like to engage with ads and are more likely to click into an ad that has an interactive feature or video.
Nearly half (45%) of iPad owners said they were more likely to click on ads that included multimedia than 26% of iPhone subscribers and 27% of other device owners.
Not only are they more receptive to advertising, they are more likely that other devices to take action or make a purchase. Over a third (36%) made a purchase on the Internet via a PC after seeing an ad on their iPad, compared to 27% of all other device owners.
A quarter of iPad users went to a store to make a purchase as a result of an ad on their device (vs. 10% of all device users), while 12% purchased over the phone (vs. 7%) and 8% made a purchase direct from their device (vs. 5%).
Overall, 60% of the respondents of all users surveyed indicated they were "OK with advertising if it means I can access content for free."
Recent research (.pdf) from Rhythm NewMedia found click-through rates from interactive pre-roll video ads to be higher among iPad users than users of other devices.
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...