News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iPad users more engaged with advertising
As the iPad continues to dominate sales of connected devices there's good news for advertisers. According to new data from Nielsen, iPad users are more engaged with advertising than other e-reader, netbook or smartphone users and more likely to make a purchase as a result of that engagement.
The findings (.pdf) suggest iPad users like to engage with ads and are more likely to click into an ad that has an interactive feature or video.
Nearly half (45%) of iPad owners said they were more likely to click on ads that included multimedia than 26% of iPhone subscribers and 27% of other device owners.
Not only are they more receptive to advertising, they are more likely that other devices to take action or make a purchase. Over a third (36%) made a purchase on the Internet via a PC after seeing an ad on their iPad, compared to 27% of all other device owners.
A quarter of iPad users went to a store to make a purchase as a result of an ad on their device (vs. 10% of all device users), while 12% purchased over the phone (vs. 7%) and 8% made a purchase direct from their device (vs. 5%).
Overall, 60% of the respondents of all users surveyed indicated they were "OK with advertising if it means I can access content for free."
Recent research (.pdf) from Rhythm NewMedia found click-through rates from interactive pre-roll video ads to be higher among iPad users than users of other devices.
- SMBs: What to look for in your next device
- 3 ways analytics may be clouding your strategy
- Why brands need to know document search
- Half of cybersecurity experts say mobile payments are not secure
- Amazon the go-to place for consumers to search for products
- Which holiday season promos will motivate consumers to buy?
- Display ad revenues continue to rise despite ad blocking
- Mobile camera functionality key to capturing Millennials' loyalty
Featured White Papers
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...