News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iPad users more engaged with advertising
As the iPad continues to dominate sales of connected devices there's good news for advertisers. According to new data from Nielsen, iPad users are more engaged with advertising than other e-reader, netbook or smartphone users and more likely to make a purchase as a result of that engagement.
The findings (.pdf) suggest iPad users like to engage with ads and are more likely to click into an ad that has an interactive feature or video.
Nearly half (45%) of iPad owners said they were more likely to click on ads that included multimedia than 26% of iPhone subscribers and 27% of other device owners.
Not only are they more receptive to advertising, they are more likely that other devices to take action or make a purchase. Over a third (36%) made a purchase on the Internet via a PC after seeing an ad on their iPad, compared to 27% of all other device owners.
A quarter of iPad users went to a store to make a purchase as a result of an ad on their device (vs. 10% of all device users), while 12% purchased over the phone (vs. 7%) and 8% made a purchase direct from their device (vs. 5%).
Overall, 60% of the respondents of all users surveyed indicated they were "OK with advertising if it means I can access content for free."
Recent research (.pdf) from Rhythm NewMedia found click-through rates from interactive pre-roll video ads to be higher among iPad users than users of other devices.
- What new crowdfunding rules mean for SMBs
- Study IDs how retailers can compete with Amazon
- Expert: How to determine if calls are leads or not
- Expert: Travel brands need responsive design
- Poor advertising among travel brands hinders data collection
- Unplug for your health and mental well-being, urges parenting website
- Questionable activity on social media turns consumers away from brands
- Study: Still a disconnect between data, growth
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...