Northwest Registered Agent
Best Visual Process
Starting an LLC is a great option for business owners everywhere because a limited liability company helps protect your personal assets from any issues you’ll have with your company. Now, you have the option to file an LLC online, on your own, or through an LLC filing service. If you’re a business owner in South Dakota, you might want to research to find the best South Dakota LLC service. There are many options out there, but which companies know South Dakota laws best? We’ve narrowed it down to 5 of the best South Dakota LLC formation services.
5 Best LLC Formation Services in South Dakota (SD) 2023
What Is an LLC Service?
A business formation service is a middleman that can help your business differentiate itself as a limited liability company in your state of choice. Typically, this service will help you fill out and file your articles of organization, pay the state fees, and navigate any discrepancies that arise in your filing process.
What Is an LLC Service in South Dakota?
In South Dakota, there are several specific regulations your business will need to follow when filing as an LLC. You need to check if your business name is available for use, file articles of organization, pay the state fees ($150), and make sure your LLC formation is legitimate from start to finish.
Read more: Best South Dakota Registered Agents 2023
Northwest Registered Agent
- Advice and services dedicated to South Dakota customers
- Family owned business
- Highly rated customer service team
- 100% accuracy guarantee
- Registered agent service is available
- Multiple packages at different prices for different budgets
- Their LLC filing package is only $49 plus state fees
- Excel in visual process of business creation
- User-friendly process
- Customers have access to actual qualified legal professionals to help with other services
- Great turnaround times
- 7 day free trial period
- LLC formation service is free (plus your South Dakota filing fee)
- Registered agent services are offered
- Lifetime compliance alerts to remember your annual report
Top 5 LLC Services in South Dakota January 2023
Northwest Registered Agent
On top of the dedicated customer service teams, Northwest also provides registered agent services for free for one year when you file your South Dakota LLC through their services. They are truly a one-stop shop for online legal services for your LLC.
If you need a price point for a low budget, ZenBusiness has some great options. They even offer a package for moms to file an LLC for free! They offer a registered agent service if you need it, but some customers note that their prices did increase year after year, posing expensive upgrades.
As far as pricing goes, Tailor Brands is one of the cheapest LLC formation services out there at $49 plus fees. They have an extremely beginner-friendly process, and pretty transparent fees and their visual process are unbeatable.
Rocket Lawyer is a household name in the world of LLC formation services because they offer so many legal services and additional services to new businesses across America. If you need amazing legal advice, accessible and helpful customer service, and fast turnaround times, Rocket Lawyer is for you. However, be aware that their pricing isn’t the cheapest, and they require customers to purchase a membership to get any of their services.
The fact that IncFile has a free online LLC formation service for South Dakota businesses is pretty impressive. Their compliance alerts and South Dakota registered agent services are other huge perks. On the other hand, some customers aren’t completely happy with the assistance they receive.
How Much Does LLC Service in South Dakota Cost?
An LLC service in South Dakota can cost anywhere from nothing to around $300. This fee totally depends upon the LLC formation service you chose and the services they provide. Although it might seem counterintuitive to go with the cheaper option, we’d advise you to survey your company’s needs and budget before choosing the freebie.
How To Start An LLC in South Dakota?
There are only a few steps to getting your South Dakota LLC filed with the state and ready for business:
- Choose a name for your LLC and make sure it’s available among other small businesses in South Dakota
- Designate a South Dakota registered agent (either be your own registered agent, choose someone within your organization, or designate third-party registered agents). You must include a physical address for your registered agent in South Dakota.
- File your articles of organization with the South Dakota secretary of state and pay the state filing fee ($150).
- Await your official LLC formation approval
If you’re looking to form an LLC in South Dakota through an online service, there are so many great business formation services to choose from. It’s important to take inventory of your company’s needs and priorities. Do you need registered agents to handle all the legalese you can’t understand? It might be best to go with online LLC services that also offer a registered agent. Does your business entity need to stand out with an awesome logo and website? You should look for a South Dakota LLC formation service that also includes website formation. Many of these choices offer the same services for different price points, so be sure to factor in your needs and their prices.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, the state of South Dakota requires that each LLC appoint a South Dakota registered agent to act as a legal liaison for their company. You can designate yourself, use a commercial registered agent service, or appoint a noncommercial registered agent from within your company. You must provide a business address with this individual’s information.
Yes, the fees to form a foreign LLC in South Dakota are higher than a domestic LLC.
Yes, it is highly advised to keep your personal and business finances separate through opening a business bank account and ensuring personal asset protection. This will also help with keeping income taxes and business taxes separate.
Depending on the service you go with, you might have to fill out portions or the totality of the legal documents and LLC operating agreement you’ll need to file for South Dakota LLC formation in accordance with South Dakota law.
We would definitely recommend securing insurance for your business after you’ve used an LLC formation company. Many LLC services work with insurance companies and can offer a discount or point you in the right direction.
Depending on your company’s needs, you might need more or less liability protection, tax differentiation, and room for business growth. Each of these options offers different benefits.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ABOUT THE REVIEWER
+ 5 sources
Bizreport Advisor adheres to strict editorial integrity standards avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic research. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Bizreport, you can read more about the editorial process here.
- General Information: South Dakota Secretary of State. sdsos.gov. Accessed December 23, 2022. https://sdsos.gov/general-information/filing-fees.aspx
- Corporations: South Dakota Secretary of State. sdsos.gov. Accessed December 23, 2022. https://sdsos.gov/business-services/corporations/contact.aspx
- FAQs Applicable to Commercial and Noncommercial Registered Agents | Secretary of State. sos.nd.gov. Accessed December 23, 2022. https://sos.nd.gov/business/registered-agents/faqs-applicable-commercial-and-noncommercial-registered-agents
- How to Start an LLC in South Dakota. Northwest Registered Agent. Accessed December 23, 2022. https://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/llc/south-dakota
- How to Start an LLC in South Dakota for $0 | SD LLC Formation. ZenBusiness Inc. Accessed December 23, 2022. https://www.zenbusiness.com/south-dakota-llc/