Best customer service
Best first year registered agent service offer
Using a reliable Missouri registered agent service will help protect your assets and comply with the Missouri Secretary of State. An unreliable Missouri registered agent (also known as a statutory agent) will overcharge you and put your formal business or organization and assets at risk.
Read more: Best LLC services
We’ve keenly analyzed over 50 registered agent services and highlighted the top 10. Below are our top 10 picks for the best-registered agent services in Missouri.
Top 10 Best Missouri Registered Agent LLC 2023
- Northwest Registered Agent – Editor’s Choice
- Zenbusiness – Best customer service
- IncFile – Best first-year registered agent service offer
- LegalZoom – Best legal assistance team
- Harbor Compliance – Best introductory guidance
- Swyft Filings – Best turnaround times
- Rocket Lawyer – Best discounts
- Better Legal – Best website
- MyCompanyWorks, Inc. – Best startup wizard (Guide)
- Incorporate – Best in terms of longevity and experience
Northwest Registered Agent
- Incorporate in 50+ states
- Affordable LLC filing starting at $39
- A great option if you want to register a foreign business entity or organization
- Excellent rates with filing starting as low as $50 plus state fees
- Fully registered agent
- Reliable business support
- Free first-year registered agent service
- LLC filing begins at $0 plus state fees
- +500,000 businesses launched since 2004
- 60-day money0back guarantee
- Yearly business or organization evaluation and tax plan on the business plan
- Affordable legal plan, with frequent access to an attorney
- Dedicated (personal) customer assistance
- Processing takes a single day
- The broad range of services to take care of your compliance needs
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Free consultation on tax
- $49 plus state fees for basic LLC filing
- A comprehensive standard package that covers most of the essentials
- Over 2,000,000 customers services since 2008
- Unlimited access to essential legal documents or official paperwork
- Free incorporation upon the purchase of a registered agent service
- Additional benefits to customers in the partnership program
- Well-organized order form
- Fast turnaround time
- Comprehensive website
- Automated emails, billing, notification, and much more
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Timely report notifications and alerts
- No hidden fees
- Reliable customer service
- Quick and friendly customer assistance service
- Easy-to-use website
- Over 750,000 LLCs and corporations formed
- A large suite of offered services
- Helpful online learning center
Top 10 Best Missouri Registered Agent For LLC Reviews 2023
Northwest Registered Agent
Northwest Registered Agent has a slogan, “We Just Not Annoying,” demonstrating their commitment to making the whole process straightforward. Northwest achieves this by guiding you via every step of the process. The company, headquartered in Spokane, Washington, can form Corporations or LLCs in 50+ states. It has annual charges of $125 for the registered agent service.
ZenBusiness enables entrepreneurs to create their businesses quickly and efficiently. It has excellent customer support and affordable packages. Most importantly, the company offers a 100% guarantee so you can rest while being sure that professionals are taking care of everything. ZenBusiness mainly targets small and medium-sized business communities since they offer excellent services to help them begin, run and grow their businesses.
Incfile’s primary mission is to assist a business owner in incorporating a company. They have helped over 250,000 entities since they launched in 2004. You’ve to follow three steps to get started and afterward you’ll receive yearly customer support from professionals. This is meant to maintain compliance with IRS rules and the government. Whether you’re starting a C-Corporation, S-Corporation, LLC, or non-profit, they have all the tools you need to create a successful business
LegalZoom is a trustworthy company providing a premium Missouri registered agent service for a relatively higher price, offering formation starting at $79. Although there are extras that come with their service, they don’t justify the high prices.
LegalZoom should be your preferred destination if you’ve got an unlimited budget. Also, it’s an incredible option for small and medium-sized businesses that lack in-house lawyers.
Founded in 2012, Harbor Compliance provides companies with various worry-free compliance solutions. Since 2012, it has helped 25,000+ clients apply for and secure their licenses.
Once you visit their website, you’ll find a summary of their services into requirements, registration & renewals. And that’s it – the company helps a business owner meet state and federal requirements for registering and renewing licenses
Swyft Filings is a Missouri-registered agent offering a decent option in terms of quality/price ratio. Despite being a relatively new registered agent (launched in 2015), it has received thousands of positive reviews from customers. Unfortunately, the company’s services are not as comprehensive as its competitors
Rocket Lawyer’s offerings are similar to LegalZoom’s, with a wide range of legal services at a discounted price. It has a relatively cheaper commercial registered agent service at $149, but it lacks some perks, e.g., identity theft insurance. The company has 500+ highly knowledgeable lawyers practicing in all states
Better Legal boasts a quick turnaround time of two days and an easy-to-navigate website. However, as is a good number of its competitors, it works with third-party companies to provide many services such as the registered agent service.
Although the company primarily focuses on company formation services, it has additional services related to running a business or organization. These include:
- Permit search and company license service
- Prompt bylaws and operating agreement drafting
- Worry-free compliance information and services such as filing of sensitive documents every year.
MyCompanyWorks has a track record of 60,000+ businesses started. The company enables you to create a Missouri LLC for as little as $59 plus state fees. With this registered agent, you’ll access three packages, each coming with different features. The most comprehensive plan begins at $279
Incorporate, which has been around since 1899, has cemented its place in the LLC and Corporation formation space by helping over 750,000 customers. Apart from the services mentioned above, Incorporate also acts as a registered agent for LLCs and their customers. However, it slightly falls short when compared to some industry leaders by having expensive packages that lack vital inclusions.
Who Can Be A Registered Agent In Missouri?
A professional registered agent service provider can be a state resident whose business office is located in the state – a business owner can be their own registered agent. It may also be a corporation that’s legally authorized to operate in Missouri and which has a business office located in Missouri. Advantages Of Working With A Registered Agent Service
- By delegating compliance requirements, you’ll have more time to focus on building your company. Since the registered agent receives all organization or business paperwork from the state, you can allocate your normal business hours to the most critical tasks.
- You’ll avoid the risk of not meeting compliance requirements and avoid state penalty fees. Also, you’ll have business advice delivered straight from the registered agent.
- You’ll privately receive legal documents and direct info on any pending lawsuit. You don’t want state officers randomly showing up at your organization or business in front of everyone.
- Since your business or business will be home-based and in the public record, you’ll reduce the amount of mail received at your private residence.
- If you’re in the process of incorporating in a different state other than where your company is located, you’ll need a registered agent to achieve this.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, as long as you have a physical address in Missouri and are at least 18 years old.
Yes, Missouri requires every LLC or corporation to have one. The registered agents will receive legal paperwork if the LLC or corporation is issued.
When creating an LLC, you’ll have three options (as per Missouri law) to look at when it comes to registered agents:
A family member or friend can be your resident agent
You can be your own registered agent as long as you conduct business while adhering to set legislation.
You can hire a commercial registered agent
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
ABOUT THE REVIEWER
+ 5 sources
Bizreport Advisor adheres to strict editorial integrity standards avoids using tertiary references. We have strict sourcing guidelines and rely on peer-reviewed studies, academic research. To ensure the accuracy of articles in Bizreport, you can read more about the editorial process here.
- 347.033. revisor.mo.gov. Accessed November 10, 2022. https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=347.033
- IRS. S Corporations | Internal Revenue Service. Irs.gov. Published 2018. Accessed November 10, 2022. https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/s-corporations
- 351.370. revisor.mo.gov. Accessed November 10, 2022. https://revisor.mo.gov/main/OneSection.aspx?section=351.370
- Missouri Registered Agent | For LLCs & Corporations. Northwest Registered Agent. Accessed November 10, 2022. https://www.northwestregisteredagent.com/registered-agent/missouri
- Get a Missouri Registered Agent Today. ZenBusiness Inc. Accessed November 10, 2022. https://www.zenbusiness.com/missouri-registered-agent/