News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Author David Gassner also leads a tour of the Windows 8 user interface, using the new mouse and touch gestures; describes the life cycle and presentation of Metro style applications; and explores the Windows Store, where you can purchase apps, videos, and music.
- Exploring the new features in Windows
- Downloading the Windows 8 installer
- Creating an installer DVD or USB drive
- Installing Windows 8 side by side with Windows 7
- Installing on a virtual machine
- Starting Windows 8 for the first time
- Using the Windows 8 boot menu
- Using Metro apps
- Docking two Metro apps
- Using Windows 8 charms
- Docking and arranging apps on the Start screen
- Using Windows 8 hot keys
- Navigating the user interface with a touch screen
- Using Internet Explorer
- Getting stuff: exploring the Windows Store
- Configuring Windows 8 with Settings and the Control Panel
- Where to go from here
After taking advantage of the free video training, you can access all of Lynda.com's video tutorials by becoming a member of the Online Training Library®. Membership plans start at $25 per month, and require no long-term commitment.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...