News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Author David Gassner also leads a tour of the Windows 8 user interface, using the new mouse and touch gestures; describes the life cycle and presentation of Metro style applications; and explores the Windows Store, where you can purchase apps, videos, and music.
- Exploring the new features in Windows
- Downloading the Windows 8 installer
- Creating an installer DVD or USB drive
- Installing Windows 8 side by side with Windows 7
- Installing on a virtual machine
- Starting Windows 8 for the first time
- Using the Windows 8 boot menu
- Using Metro apps
- Docking two Metro apps
- Using Windows 8 charms
- Docking and arranging apps on the Start screen
- Using Windows 8 hot keys
- Navigating the user interface with a touch screen
- Using Internet Explorer
- Getting stuff: exploring the Windows Store
- Configuring Windows 8 with Settings and the Control Panel
- Where to go from here
After taking advantage of the free video training, you can access all of Lynda.com's video tutorials by becoming a member of the Online Training Library®. Membership plans start at $25 per month, and require no long-term commitment.
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...