News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How many presentations have you attended with slide upon slide ladened with text, confusing charts and cheesy clip art? ...And let's be honest, you may have even created one or two yourself.
Even the US military is a culpable. In April, 2010 a New York Times article, "We Have Met the Enemy and He Is PowerPoint", Gen. James N. Mattis of the Marine Corps, the Joint Forces commander was quoted as saying, "PowerPoint makes us stupid." The article goes on to say, "Commanders say that behind all the PowerPoint jokes are serious concerns that the program stifles discussion, critical thinking and thoughtful decision-making."
The same issues are prevalent in businesses across all industries worldwide. Indeed, the conventional wisdom of what to put on a slide contradicts current scientific research on the subject. It found that the experience of PowerPoint Overload actually inhibits learning.
Download this presentation PDF with narrative and accompanying slides and you'll learn how to create better slides for your next presentation.
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...