News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
With digital marketing on the rise, results showed that three of the top five marketing tactics being used relate to online marketing (website development, email marketing, and Social Media Marketing). Respondents also reported using marketing practices such as press releases, direct marketing, Search Engine Optimization, and seminars. Other survey questions examine a range of marketing topics, including most-used social media tactics, top areas of marketing spend, and top sources of sales leads.
Key results include:
- The areas of highest marketing spend involve digital marketing, including website development, direct marketing (email and direct mail), and online marketing
- While tradeshow and event marketing remains as a top source of sales leads, email marketing and online marketing are reported to have better Return-on-Investment
- The most utilized social media tactics are social networks (66%) such as LinkedIn and Facebook, blogs (34%), and video sharing sites (29%)
- About two-thirds of respondents (68%) reported that their 2011 marketing budget is 5% or less of their overall revenue
- Forty percent (40%) of respondents expect their marketing budget to increase in 2012
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...