News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: What social video means for marketers
With Twitter's announcement about pre-roll video ads on the Periscope platform, Facebook's Live Video option, and the 'stories' feature on social network Instagram, as well as SnapChat, many brands are wondering what social video could mean for them. We have some answers.
Kristina: Twitter has announced brands can now place ads on the Periscope platform. What does this mean for marketers?
Jason Beckerman, CEO, Unified: Twitter's move is another example of innovation causing video budgets to shift to social. Marketers have yet another ad unit to keep up with as social continues to innovate faster than any other channel.
Kristina: How is this move changing the video space?
Jason: Twitter's maneuver continues the trend we've been seeing of the growing connection between social and user-specific live broadcasting. Live streaming allows viewers to see compressed videos over the Internet in real-time, giving users real-time access to brands and companies, ultimately creating more transparency and authentic engagement.
Kristina: What benefits are there to this move?
Jason: The social video space allows advertisers to engage with their target audience in real-time, anywhere.
Kristina: What do brands need to know about the social video space before diving in?
Jason: As social video continues to grow, having a platform normalize the performance across all channels will be key to making intelligent decisions about future buys--and, on the heels of the Google scandal, placing ads like this makes transparency vital to limiting questionable content.
More from Jason and Unified next week, including his top tips for creating a solid social video strategy.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...