News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
Online grocery shopping is beginning to trend up, but the grocers having the most success are keying in on mobile. That, according to Criteo's Clicks, Bricks & Broccoli: The CPG and Grocery Trend Report which found that 40% of digital grocery sales are made via a mobile device.
On average, eGrocery carts are worth just over $132 (Q3 2016), and the study suggests that 2017 could be the year of online grocery's breakout.
"CPG is poised for breakout success in digital, and we predict 2017 will be the year of e-grocery," said John Roswech, Executive Vice President, Criteo Brand Solutions, Criteo. "There are no more valuable e-commerce carts than those devoted to grocery. CPG brands need to adapt their marketing practices, honed through decades of experience, to successfully engage with their customers, and become a mainstay in their shopping carts."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 43% of eGrocery shoppers search for coupons online before buying
• 46% of baby care purchases are impulse buys
• Paid search and sponsored product listings are key for shoppers
Researchers also found that cross-selling, like advertising milk in the cookie 'aisle' can be used in the digital grocery space, just as it is in brick and mortar stores, and just as beneficially.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...