News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How to use sports to reach shoppers
Sporting events like the Olympics, the Super Bowl, and the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament are growing their viewership - online and offline - every year. Still, it can be hard to reach these viewers with relevant ads. One expert explains why.
Kristina: We've seen during recent events (the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Olympics), that more viewers are engaging with mobile while they watch. How does this impact campaigns?
Kathy Kayse, VP of Sales Strategy & Solutions, Yahoo: When it comes to TV viewing, more consumers are multitasking during the experience and mobile devices play a key role. During sporting events like the NCAA men's college basketball tournament, marketers should be prepared to extend their ads and messaging across mobile apps to reach fans that are checking their brackets, updates and more while watching the games.
Kristina: How might brands better use mobile during big sporting events like this?
Kathy: There is a massive opportunity to leverage native advertising, especially native video, to reach sports fans across mobile experiences. Brands need to ensure that their ads are optimized for the viewing experience on smartphones and tablets, which means keeping it short and engaging when it comes to video. We've see that native ads can generate up to 3x more attention than display ads, so it's a great way to boost engagement and increase awareness among sports fans.
Kristina: Is there a type of data - behavioral, demographic, etc - that is better to use during these events?
Kathy: Search data offers a unique view of consumer intent and can be a valuable way for marketers to better understand and engage potential customers who are searching for their products online.
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...