News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Smartphone users highly receptive to new and emerging mobile technologies
While most consumers are happy to talk with a chatbot, many have yet to have engaged with one, according to a new report from mobile engagement firm, Vibes.
In its 2017 Mobile Consumer Report, Vibes provides marketers with valuable insights into customers perceptions and preferences when interacting with brands on the mobile devices including wallets, push notifications, text messaging and apps.
The report reveals that consumers are highly receptive to new and emerging mobile technologies. While only 22% had conversed with a chatbot, 60% said they would feel comfortable doing so. And, while more than a third of consumers store information from brands in mobile wallets, 70% would perceive a brand in a more positive light if they could store the information held on a physical loyalty card in their mobile device.
On average, consumers with smartphones participate in four loyalty programs. However, Vibes' data suggests that the app route is challenging as 60% of consumers download two or less retail apps.
"Consumers are open to engaging with brands on mobile in a way that is unlike any other channel," said Jack Philbin, co-founder and CEO of Vibes. "Brands that cater to these consumer preferences will see significant dividends, including enhanced reputations and incremental revenue growth."
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...