News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey finds email pressure for retailers
New data out from Coherent Path indicates retailers are feeling the pressure to send even more emails to their list members. That's a key takeaway from their new report, in which researchers found that more than half are sending at least 3 emails each week, and that nearly two-thirds 'feel pressure' to send even more emails.
Just over 10% send at least 5 emails each week.
The data also shows that more than three-quarters (76%) of retailers are using email promotions to drive revenue.
"Email continues to be a successful driver of revenue, so it's only natural that marketers get addicted to the ROI and feel pressure to send more," said James Glover, founder and CEO of Coherent Path. "As retailers start to move toward a data-driven strategy, they should consider one that not only individualizes communications based on the evolving tastes and interests of their customer base, but also informs them on how to expose more of their product catalog to relevant audiences within their list. This gets retailers away from relying solely on promotions and breaks the consumer of the growing discount mindset."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 85% 'rely too heavily' on promotions that worked in year's past when planning for the current calendar cycle
• 87% rely on holidays for promotions
• 50% use past email behaviors to determine which messages are sent
• 33% say half of their emails include promotions/discounts.
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
- Ad Roundup: Analysis basis for releases, expansions
- Half of UK charities have no digital strategy
- Trends to watch for video in 2017
- 78% of over-55s uncomfortable with concept of stores run by robots
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...