News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Brands must track across devices
Businesses which are not tracking consumers across devices are missing - or mis-attributing - at least one-third of transactions. That's one key finding from Criteo's new State of Cross-Device Commerce report.
While consumers have been quick to jump on not only ecommerce, but mobile commerce, many businesses and retailers have not been as fast. That, find researchers with Criteo, is a problem. Their new data suggests that conversion rates could be under-counted by as much as 40% because brands aren't tracking the customer journey across devices, and that one-third of cross-device transactions begin on a smartphone.
Researchers further found that cross-device buyers are nearly equal as to their device of choice - with 28% preferring smartphones, 36% preferring tablets, and 31% preferring desktops
"Adoption of a cross-device measurement strategy is a critical imperative for all retailers," said Miriam Newton, Vice President, Product Marketing, Criteo. "Marketers not only need to adopt cross-device measurement to ensure proper attribution, but also to ensure their spend is optimized for the channels delivering the highest performance. Retailers who are able to deliver a seamless and personalized customer experience across devices will stand out from the crowd."
Other interesting findings from Criteo's State of Cross-Device Commerce report include:
• YoY mobile commerce increased 20%
• 36% of online transactions are now via mobile device
• 55% of mobile transactions come from apps
• 45% of mobile transactions come from mobile browsers.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...