News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Finances key to engaging Boomers
While age is an important factor in any kind of advertising targeting, new data out from Epsilon indicates that finances may be the key to engaging Baby Boomers, especially online. Researchers found that Boomers who are financially secure are more likely to shop both online and offline, and to engage with direct mail.
As to where marketers can find Boomers, Facebook is the preferred social channel, according to researchers. Online and mobile games like Words with Friends, and even social dating networks are also high on Boomers' lists of social interaction.
"The findings in this report are proof that a one-size-fits-all approach to marketing doesn't work. Brand marketers today need to get more precise than segmentation that's based on age or large-scale generalizations," shared Stacey Hawes, President, Data Practice at Epsilon. "We've learned for boomers+, financial situation has more of an impact on consumer behavior than age. But we've also seen that simple demographics aren't enough. Marketers need to use findings like this to think differently about data and identify the right data that will be actionable for their brand. This will enable them to better engage customers across channels through personalized marketing that drives business growth."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Nearly half of Boomers have computers
• Boomers are likely to use email to contact friends and family
• Boomers over-index on the use of e-readers and tablets.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...