News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
Based on 2016 trends, experts with Sailthru believe email and mobile will be key for retailers' success in 2017. That, according to the 2017 Digital Retail Innovation Report, which also reports that 1 in 5 marketers as saying they fell short of their 2016 goals.
Still, nearly half of retailers (46%) surveyed report increasing their 2017 marketing budgets, and 51% believe there is 'room for innovation' where their email strategy is concerned.
"Forward-thinking marketers need to be implementing cross-channel personalization strategies to be successful in 2017 and beyond, but we continue to see marketers struggle to put plans into action," said Neil Lustig, CEO at Sailthru. "The intel gathered from our latest trends report shows that by honing their approach to email, marketers can more easily extend coordination of their overall strategies for a truly integrated approach. Personalization is no longer just about a mix of marketing tactics, it's a strategy that extends across a retail organization as those leading that approach are the companies reporting overall growth and success."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 75% of those who say they exceeded 2016 goals say they had a larger budget in 2016
• 26% of those who did not meet 2016 goals say they had a larger budget in 2016
• Most say branded websites, email, and mobile push the most revenue.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...