News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Majority of top UK retailers choose responsive design over mobile apps
The UK's top retailers are choosing a responsive mobile presence over mobile apps, according to a new report released this week by Episerver.
According to Episerver's latest 'State of Digital Commerce' report, smartphones have reached "near-complete adoption in the UK" and tablet ownership is at around 70%. However, despite mobile ecommerce being "hugely important" for retailers, a third (32%) of the UK's top retailers do not have a mobile shopping app.
The report, which looks at the mobile presence of 100 top UK retail brands, found that two-thirds (66%) of marketers are omitting mobile apps from mobile marketing campaigns.
Instead, the majority of retailers (56%) are choosing to focus on a responsive mobile presence. Eighty percent of the UK's top retailers have a responsive ecommerce website.
"This switch from mobile apps to in-browser experiences is largely being driven by the surge of mobile search and traffic, consumers have grown accustomed to managing their lives through a web browser," said David Bowen, Head of Product of Episerver. "As such, the idea of manually installing and launching a different app for each brand experience seems like an unnecessary hassle."
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...