News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey finds consumers want less social media
Social media seems to be everywhere with some content getting shared thousands of times. But, when it comes to what consumers wants, less social may be the answer.
According to new data out from Treem, about half (51%) of Americans say one of their New Year's Resolutions is to cut back - or dropping completely out - of social media in 2017. The reasons why are varied - from being annoyed at the proliferation of fake news to avoiding work colleagues or parents in the social realm.
Treem researchers also asked what consumers want out of social media in the New Year - about 7% said they wanted to become an influencer while 6% said they wanted to look smart. About 15% said they wanted to reduce the drama associated with social media.
To help people cut through the clutter of social media, Treem is launching the Treem Communications Platform, a new option which allows consumers to better control and organize their social media hangouts so that only certain people see certain posts, for example.
"When it comes to social networks, we're up-ending the status quo," said Ken Kaufman, Treem Founder and CEO. "We've created a totally new way for users to organize and communicate with their contacts, curate and manage their own content streams without advertiser interference, and proactively manage the visibility and privacy of their posts. We're also rewarding our most engaged users with a real financial stake in the company and its future success."
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...