News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Consumers high on VR
Once people try it, virtual reality (VR) is high on their list of things to do again. That's the word from new YuMe data which found that more than half (63%) of people who have tried VR believe it's 'the next big thing'.
What is perhaps most promising for brands, though, is that consumers are thinking of brands that are early adopters of VR as part of their strategy as innovators (51%). Nearly all (89%) of consumers say they have heard of virtual reality and nearly one-third (29%) have tried it.
"We believe the appetite for immersive ad experiences is growing rapidly and that savvy brands and agencies who want to interact authentically with consumers and drive higher engagement should explore these ad formats," said Tripp Boyle, VP of Emerging Platforms, YuMe. "We're proud to be a leader in this latest industry innovation arc, as we see tremendous value for brands in vertical markets, including auto, entertainment, travel and retail, to offer interactive experiences and deepen consumer bonds with their brands."
Other interesting takeaways from the report include:
• 60% of those who have tried VR say it 'creates a positive view' of brands
• Half say they would interact with ads in VR
• 60% say VR can create an engaging experience
• 53% believe 360 video creates an engaging experience
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...