News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Most marketers consider data analysis skills more important than social media skills
New research conducted across the US and UK reveals that data analysis skills are considered most important by marketers to their organization.
BlueVenn's new study, 'Customer Data: The Monster Under the Bed?', published this week, delves into which skills and attributes marketers consider the most valuable to their organizations' survival over the coming two years.
Of the 200 marketers in the US and UK, nearly two-thirds cited data analysis skills as those they hope to acquire as data management has become a more vital skill than social media, web development, graphics design, and SEO.
"In the age of big data, marketers have a better opportunity than ever before to truly understand their customers' decision making processes," said Anthony Botibol, marketing director at BlueVenn. "Unfortunately, as it stands, most marketers simply don't have the time, the knowledge or the tools necessary to undertake this task in a practical and effective way."
In fact, more than a quarter (27%) of marketers continue to give data analysis tasks to the IT department and "in reality only 16% of marketers actually believe that their knowledge of data should have to improve".
According to the report, marketers are not interested in becoming data scientists but instead want access to marketing tools and technology that "makes the tasks of unifying, cleansing and matching data more automated".
"Enter the Customer Data Platform (CDP), which is set to revolutionize the day-to-day tasks of today's marketers," continues the report. "If a Single Customer View can be achieved by a CDP, unifying all the data about customers into one central hub and giving the right analysis and customer journey tools, then why should marketers waste their time "skilling up" or painstakingly preparing data by hand?"
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...