News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Holiday Roundup: Mobile, card-linked offers key for holidays
Revenue for the holiday season has topped the $90 billion mark according to Adobe, but the biggest part of the story is the mobile connection. Adobe's data finds that mobile brought in just over $28 billion, and driving about 50% of holiday traffic.
"This holiday shopping season brought in a record $91.7 billion in online sales, which is just $115 million more than we originally predicted. But it's not just the total online sales figure that made this a historic holiday shopping season. This year, Black Friday set a new record by surpassing the three-billion-dollar mark for the first time at $3.34 billion, with high growth in the evening hours. We also saw big gains in mobile spend, with Black Friday becoming the first day in retail history to drive over one billion dollars in mobile revenue. Electronics purchases, especially tablets, will spur even more online spend in 2017," said Tamara Gaffney, principal analyst and director, Adobe Digital Insights.
Other interesting findings from the Adobe report include:
• Average shipping costs were $2.50, down about $0.10 from 2015 numbers
• Ebay, Amazon, and Walmart were the most-mentioned brands in the social space
• Mobile accounted for 31% of holiday purchases
And, Linkable Networks, is reporting data from their hub, citing a 31% increase in Registered MyLinkables users during December, and a 5% increase in the average basket size during the same time period. The data also shows a 20% increase in the redemption of card linked offers during Cyber Week and a 54% increase during the month of December.
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
- Forecast: Retail to show steady growth through 2017
- Report: Mobile CTOs down YoY
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...