News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
GroupM/Spotify reveal $220m mobile music streaming ad opportunity
Group M and Spotify plan to tap into streaming media consumption, in particular music, to generate new ad revenue.
A multi-year data and research partnership between Group M parent WPP and spotify to study streaming media consumption has found that more than 60% of streaming activity takes place via a mobile device.
Furthermore, the report found that today, streamers make up almost 50% of the online population and that it is time to view streaming as the norm rather than the niche - as an integral piece of a media plan rather than an afterthought.
Furthermore, and of interest to advertisers, that streaming activity can be linked to "moods and moments" and, in the next few years, ads can be targeted at listeners based on whether they are listening to music at the gym, in the kitchen cooking dinner or in the shower. For example, a workout playlist or stream of upbeat music throughout the week around the same time could indicate that the person is out for a run or on a cardio machine, thus prompting different ad messages.
The report, 'Streaming State of Mind', reveals 53% of mobile music streamers said they listen to music while doing housework, 42% while cooking, 30% while showering, and 20% while running errands.
Targeting ads in such a way will generate $220 million in new ad revenue in the seven markets studied (U.S., U.K., Australia, Canada, France, Germany, and Sweden), says the report.
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...