News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: Look beyond iOS, social
As we get into 2017, many brands are looking at social spaces as ways to engage consumers, and they're deciding which mobile developer has the best ROI for campaigns. Those are good things to research, but according to one expert brands need to look beyond them.
While it is true that more iOS users are clicking over to mobile commerce sites, smart marketers shouldn't count out Android as having a strong consumer base. That base is expected to become stronger as the year wears on.
"Advertisers are becoming more accustomed to and skilled at implementing user acquisition strategies on the Android platform. While iOS remains the gold standard, Android is closing the gap. As Android continues to mature and provide return on ad spend (ROAS) at lower prices than iOS we expect more and more media budgets to shift their allocations," said Tom Cummings, Fiksu DSP.
And, while social giant Facebook and search legend Google are also gold standards in their fields, Cummings believes 2017 is the year that brands should look at diversifying their ad spend beyond these giants.
"Facebook and Google have long proven their effectiveness in generating app-installs, there is also success to be found in more targeted and diversified strategies. Marketers in 2017 will strive to reach additional audiences, maximize different conversation touch points, and reach audiences more cost effectively by diversifying ad spend," said Cummings.
He went on to underline that varied ad platform strategies can lead to greater insights in tracking user behavior and other key data points to help marketers best reach their targeted audience of high-quality users, and will overall lead to higher levels of attribution.
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...