News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Expert: How to make live video work for brands
Live video is making the world feel more interconnected than ever before, further enabling the trend of "stream-of-consciousness" content. Whether it's snapping a video saying "hello" to a friend, reporting breaking news from the scene or digitally updating audiences from a major event - live video is being used by more and more people to share moments instantaneously. How can brands cash in on this trend? One expert explains.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing with live video capabilities?
Brian Shin, Founder & CEO, Visible Measures: Snapchat's tremendous growth is a testament to the engaging nature of live moments. Tech titans including Facebook, YouTube, etc are pushing to mimic Snapchat's capabilities - Facebook pays celebrities millions of dollars to use Facebook Live, YouTube has brought "live" to mobile, Instagram is continuously updating its "stories" feature and Twitter is in the process of developing a deal with Apple TV to stream its live content. As we move into 2017, we're likely to see a continued emphasis on live and new innovations improving the experience for "livecasters" and viewers alike.
Kristina: Do you think the shift towards live video and VR will inevitably make traditional online videos obsolete?
Brian: Live video, 360 video and VR are all triggers for creating more video content. Online video will end up being a "universal video" experience where content produced from many different sources are experienced in a single environment optimized for the device/form factor being used. Think of many inputs feeding into a single switch that knows how to deliver what you want in the best format for you.
More from Brian and Visible Measures later this week, including how brands can create a strong live video strategy.
- Video ad campaigns with subtitles outperform in brand awareness
- Two-thirds of ad execs Google prospective employees
- 61% of brand content on Snapchat is video
- Survey: Trust influences more consumers to share information
- Expert: Travel next up for programmatic direct
- Expert: How to reduce involuntary churn
- New service alerts marketers when competitors air new TV ads
- 170% rise in ad requests containing location data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...