News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Criteo data shows mobile important for Valentine shoppers
With just a couple of weeks to go before Valentine's Day, Criteo is releasing shopping trend data which could help retailers connect. Researchers sifted through more than 1.2 billion digital purchases last year and one of the most interesting findings is that sales via mobile devices rose 79% between February 10 and 12 last year.
The biggest shopping category was in Flowers/Gifts (220% sales increase) followed by Health/Beauty (47% sales increase). Also among the top shopping categories were Fashion and Luxury (20% increase). Along those same lines, researchers found that Valentine's shoppers are buying cross-sell items.
One example is that greeting cards are most often cross-purchased with candy and chocolate.
"It's important for retailers looking to maximize the Valentine's Day opportunity to start their campaigns at the beginning of February. Criteo data shows elevated user activity -- even in early February -- across all the categories associated with this amorous holiday: flowers, gifts, beauty, fashion, and luxury. Marketers who target a specific ROAS or cost-of-sale metric should be able to apply a larger budget and/or higher CPC during February to take advantage of the greater underlying propensity to purchase," said Jaysen Gillespie, VP, Head of Data Science and Analytics, Criteo.
Other interesting findings from Criteo include:
• More than half of flower/gift purchases are made via mobile device
• Smartphone sales outpaced desktop sales 3x over
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...