News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK lags US in mobile loyalty card use
A new survey reveals that the UK lags the US when it comes to integrating loyalty schemes with mobile phones.
According to a survey from Veoo, 95% of loyalty card holders in the US and UK have between 1 and 10 physical loyalty cards in their wallet and 90% of them use those cards on a monthly basis.
In the UK, just over a quarter (28%) of loyalty card holders currently use a loyalty scheme that is integrated with their smartphone, behind the US in which 52% do so. Furthermore, 52% of US respondents are now saving offers/coupons to their mobile wallet solution whereas only 28% of respondents are doing this in the UK.
According to Veoo, it is retailers in the UK that are holding back mobile loyalty schemes and that, with more than 4 in 10 consumers becoming bogged down with physical cards, it won't be long before convenience and market conditions mean the UK will catch up with the US.
In the UK, perceptions of a loyalty program would change if users were able to save plastic loyalty cards to their smartphone. Twenty percent of those surveyed said they would have a much more positive opinion of the program and 32% would have a somewhat more positive opinion of the loyalty program if this was the case.
Recent research from Eagle Eye Solutions and YouGov found that nearly half (47%) of Millennials in the UK said it was important that a loyalty program be accessible via mobile, compared to 37% across all age groups and just 16% of those aged 55 and over. Among older Millennials (25-34 year-olds) 59% stated that it was important for a loyalty scheme to offer a digital option.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...