News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
While most businesses think of loyalty programs as a way to make more sales - and they are - there is another feature in which some may need to increase strategy. That of using a loyalty program simply to build engagement. Here are three tips to do so.
First, create more earn and burn opportunities, make your currency more flexible
"Consumers are demanding freedom and flexibility when it comes to managing their loyalty currencies. Offer your members opportunities to earn and burn points, miles and rewards outside of your own program in order to increase engagement and add value that will keep them coming back for more," said Danielle Brown, VP of Marketing at Points.
Second, concentrate on convenience
"It's key for loyalty programs to engage with their members on the platforms most accessible and relevant to them," said Brown. "For example, integrate your loyalty program within a mobile wallet to connect with your mobile-driven consumers, and make sure to deliver targeted and personalized loyalty offers."
Third, drive engagement with social media
"Having a strong social media presence is a cost-effective strategy for getting consumers to interact with your brand. Try rewarding specific social actions, such as a 'Share' or 'Like' on your page, with loyalty points. By incentivizing loyalty, you can leverage program members as social marketers for your brand and drive even more engagement. Additionally, social media channels also provide an effective way for measuring loyalty program participation and gain even further insight," said Brown.
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
- Forecast: Retail to show steady growth through 2017
- Report: Mobile CTOs down YoY
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...