News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for brands to enter AR/VR
Augmented and Virtual Reality are hot commodities in the consumer sector, and many experts believe this trend will continue as AR/VR gear continues to get better. Here are three tips to help brands enter the space.
Create real value for users
"To make good use of AR, brands need to fill a real value for users. If pointing my camera at a product would blow out a layer of useful information about that product - that's great. If the entire purpose of the AR layer is to add a useless animation that doesn't interact with the environment, AR would continue being just a "fad"," said Maor Sadra, Managing Director & CRO, AppLift.
Remember, VR is not yet a mass audience product.
"Only a small percent of users have VR headsets. With that said, a LARGE majority of users have smartphones with gyroscopes incorporated into them. If you do have the right content for VR, don't miss out on a 360 video version for non VR headset owners. VR is still in it's infancy, but those who produce great content will be in a key position to harvest this future mass audience, as hardware innovation and improvements continue," said Sadra.
Learn from Pokemon Go's "mistakes"
"If you create an application that interacts with the real world, allow users to also interact with one another! It made no sense and got a lot of negative feedback from users because they lacked the ability to "fight each other" (other than in gym's). Match.com - Tinder AR is in the works we assume?" advises Sadra.
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
- Forecast: Retail to show steady growth through 2017
- Report: Mobile CTOs down YoY
- Report: Desktops still lead online spending
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...