News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for a solid AR/VR strategy
Mobile carriers and game developers are hitting the virtual reality space hard this holiday season. There are new accessories for phones, there is the Pokemon Go effect, and a number of other fresh takes on the space. According to one expert, 2017 is when brands need to solidify their AR/VR strategy. Here are three tips.
First, fill a real value for consumers
"If pointing my camera at a product would blow out a layer of useful information about that product - that's great. If the entire purpose of the AR layer is to add a useless animation that doesn't interact with the environment, AR would continue being just a "fad"," said Maor Sadra, Managing Director & CRO, AppLift.
Second, remember VR hasn't hit critical mass - yet
"VR is not yet a mass audience product. Only a small percent of users have VR headsets. With that said, a LARGE majority of users have smartphones with gyroscopes incorporated into them. If you do have the right content for VR, don't miss out on a 360 video version for non VR headset owners. VR is still in it's infancy, but those who produce great content will be in a key position to harvest this future mass audience, as hardware innovation and improvements continue," said Sadra.
Third, learn from Pokemon Go's "mistakes"
"If you create an application that interacts with the real world, allow users to also interact with one another! It made no sense and got a lot of negative feedback from users because they lacked the ability to "fight each other" (other than in gym's). Match.com - Tinder AR is in the works we assume?" said Sadra.
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...